ping? sound causing lag? wtf..

dugly

Reaction score
k...so i have 2 questions...the first being...why do i ping 20 to a server in the browser, but 90+ to it in game....boggles my mind...it's not like i have bad internet (5mbps cable)

second question is why is it that everytime sound happens....any sound...shooting...switching to a knife...or someone dies, i lag....gets all choppy....

i have a hard time believing it's my computer, i have an athlon64 3500+, 1.5gb ddr400 ram, 9600XT, audigy 2

anyone else have similar problems and/or solutions?

its your pc m8. close anything running in the background , and what refresh rate you using? if your got a low refresh rate with that card of course on an explosion is going to be laggy, its not to do with your outside game ping , it relies heavily on your (ms) which is how fast your graphics card can display to the monitor and back , try turning vysnc on , i know it sounds crazy but it sounds like if u keep playing as you do you will get graphical tearing off the cvard , which is not healthy in the slgest . if it isnt that problem try defragging , and clearing some junik off your pc , you wouldnt belive how much of a differencve that can make to your overall game play experience. o well hope it helps if not when i get hom ei'll post a link on how to make your comopter run faster, to get rid of all the sh!t u dont need =D

hey, I've been having the same problem. The game just lags on sound. Its was really strange, tried like a million things to resolve it.
Got it fixed at last by putting my 5 years old soundcard into my pc. Turned off my integrated soundcard on my motherbord and switched to the old soundcard ... lol. But hey I've got no more lag.

Its prolly not the solution u're looking for and I still don't know wathever was causing the problem with my integrated soundcard. So if u are able to find another solution plz let me know.

download some new media codec's its amazing what they vcan do!

download some new media codec's its amazing what they vcan do!

Yah already done that, but it seems its not really helping. thx for the tip anyway.

Vecko said:
hey, I've been having the same problem. The game just lags on sound. Its was really strange, tried like a million things to resolve it.
Got it fixed at last by putting my 5 years old soundcard into my pc. Turned off my integrated soundcard on my motherbord and switched to the old soundcard ... lol. But hey I've got no more lag.

Its prolly not the solution u're looking for and I still don't know wathever was causing the problem with my integrated soundcard. So if u are able to find another solution plz let me know.

I'have the same problem, with an audigy and headphone setting...

I turned OFF hardware sound acceleration and the game runs fine now, but the sound is crappy (of course it's software mode)

I noticed one thing : when I keep hardware sound acceleration ON and put 5.1 instead of my headphone setting, the game runs fine !!!

This is totally incredible !

TY valve for such a mess !

Back