Pitch Black In Game!

blackflag486

Reaction score
Yeah... I have my map called LAN_Skate and Its just fine for me, but when I host it or anyone else hosts it, Their screens are pitch black everything except the HDR lighting. When they enable flashlight, they see the textures. What could cause this?? I am stumped! Even when they host it its black. Please Help ASAP

It works fine when you run it alone on your comp?

How bout you run it on your comp and then set "sv_lan 1", "maxplayers *" etc etc. would that run it? I dont understand that you say that "even the host goes black". Aren't you the host?

I am having the simular problem also, everytime i try to make a simple map like just a room, after i complie it, when i test the map i get a black screen (the ping ups up really high) plus i cant pick a team, after i put info_play_terroris/counterterrorist

Thanks

no, my problem is, ITS FINE ON MY COMP... Everyone elses its pitch black. If I host it its working good. when others connect, its pitch black for them. NOT ME.. And When they host it, its pitch black for them, and still fine for me... The map is using all normal textures.

also, I deleted all lights in the map and just had the compiler add defalt light and it worked fine for everyone.. Didnt look pretty but it worked without lights. Maybe I had a problem with my environment lights. Or if i had a light that said [x] Initially Dark ( if thats inabled or disabled does that make a different???)

Out of curiosity... Do you and your friends all have video cards that support HDR? More importantly, are you the odd one out who either does or does not?

If so, or you just want to be safe, don't forget to compile RAD with the -both parameter. LDR and HDR lighting are compiled and recorded separately. They even exist as separate properties in the light entities.

we all have HDR support. The lights... Every light, was bad. Mine worked perfectly with HDR and all. Theirs NO LIGHT! Minues the flashlight, and skybox natural light

Maybe you should post a BSP for public download.

well, I would, but Im in Atlanta Geogia now. No more mapping for me. I think the problem had somthing to do with the lights being set on initially dark and some not. Also I had 1 dynamic light. It was a strange thing. After deleting all lights in the map including the environment light and the env_sun it all worked just fine, on prelite light. Well, Thanks for the help guys. I got to go!

This is more than likely just the angle of the light_enviroment, change the angle/pitch of it to a higher number, like 50 or 60 and see what happens, also, check to see if the brightness is too low, or the ambient is too low. Also check for map errors and compiling errors.

no map errors in game, and no compiling errors, the brightness on everything is well above normal, around 500 and the env is at 1400. the angle however was pointed at a say.... ----_ from the middle to that buttom one, not a huge angle, cause i wanted the light to shine thru the windows and create an awesome effect thru the glass. It worked on my computer no problem, but on everyone elses, it was pitch black.. I dont know if they had map errors, but i dont believe so...

Back