pixartist's Artwork (pre-rendered wallpapers)

pixartist

Reaction score
I'll post all my new wallpapers in this thread so i don't have to make a new one for each wallpaper!

my last too wp's:
http://www.pixartist.de/pics/banavlo/hl2glasscaustics.jpg
http://www.pixartist.de/pics/banavlo/hl2_orange.jpg

my new one:
hl2_orange2.jpg

OOOH even better :D
this is what I was poking at about just giving different ones a bit of variation by playing around with stuff, looked like it worked too

good job :thumbs:

these are awesome too, but i think u should use only one hl2 logo in the wallpaper. i think the other two on the floor are unnessessary. especially the third one..

Nice. What version of 3d Studio max you use?

mayfer, i think one logo is boring! the reflections would all be white and without contrast!!

My god, that just plain rocks.

New wallpaper (I was already using the old one)

Looks great, although I agree with mayfer. It's a pretty rendering, but in terms of composition it's a little awkward for the eye to take in. If you experiment with light sources you might be able to achieve more with less, so to speak.

Orgonomist said:
Looks great, although I agree with mayfer. It's a pretty rendering, but in terms of composition it's a little awkward for the eye to take in. If you experiment with light sources you might be able to achieve more with less, so to speak.
there are only 2 lightsources, perhaps you could make a composition with paint and show it so i can make it? ;)

I'm not claiming to be more capable than you, I just made the suggestion based on my impression and your statement above concerning 'lack of contrast'. Obviously if I'm the only person who makes that observation it renders a recomposition unneccesary. There's not a lot you can do in terms of arranging 2-dimensional objects in a 3-dimensional space anyway, which is why I suggested trying something with the lighting. Merely an opinion, man. Nothing more or less.

;) np, thx for critisism! i did not want to be rude !

anyway i have a new wallpaper again:

hl2_3d.jpg

The latest one was absolutely awesome, I think I'll use it! :D

I just found your Orange one in a thread and then I see this one. Now I can't deside which one to use as a wallpaper .. Damn you for making all these wallpapers.

Edit: Good job by the way :E

ohhh i made a completely new logo, now boxmodeled so it can be mesh smoothed! look at it AND submit ideas for scenes/colors/materials/light setups!

pre.jpg

pre2.jpg

Why didnt you use use the logo ( the @ ) in the HL2 font (rather than spending ages modelling an in-accurate version)?

Anyhow, the wallpaper looks pretty good :p

did not know about that, but as i said the new model is box modeled, so a font wouldn't help me anyhow..!

uugh, smoothing :hmph:
Max's equivalent to photoshop's lens flares.

should only be used as a last resort. If you want a rounded off model, MODEL it like that from the start, especially if you're using text - smoothed models always look like candles left in the sun.
[/me being picky]

You've got some serious talent. I like all of them, nice job man.

h4vvok said:
bumpdy bump bump
Eh, why'd you do that?

By the way, this has to be like the most impressive render I've ever seen. Great job!

<3

Erestheux said:
Eh, why'd you do that?

By the way, this has to be like the most impressive render I've ever seen. Great job!

<3

Lol! without wanting to take anything away from Pixartist (these are very very nice wallpapers), but this is all essentially the same model rendered in different poses. And it's the render engine (caustics, radiosity, etc) that makes it look so good. Really, anyone with the right software, and a few hours learning the basics of modelling could produce equally good works. :thumbs:

Go ahead and make a better one then Griz, this guys got talent for great wallpapers.

oldagerocker said:
Go ahead and make a better one then Griz, this guys got talent for great wallpapers.

Look mate..... i'm not here to out-do anybody or to take anything ayway from a decent 3DCG artist like Pixartist but all i'm saying is that the renders he's presenting are essentially the same model in different poses & light set-ups. So all i'm tring to say (in my currently very very pissed-up state) is that there are more impressive CG artists on this board, and without wanting to "blow my own trumpet" he's my latest work.

pic1
pic2

AGAIN I MUST STATE THAT I DO THINK PIXARTIST HAS SOME REAL TALENT......YOU JUST NEED TO APPLY IT A LITTLE FURTHER MATE. ;)

N.B. Holy shit i'm sooo pissed right now (it's just taken me 20 mintues to type this f*ing reply)!!!!

it's really not that hard to make such a model...by the way, smoothing is not the "Max's equivalent to photoshop's lens flares"
lens flares are stupid and senseless but smoothing is an easy way to get a smooth result without workin too much, the model can't be done with splines by the way, it was box-modeling
btw: http://www.n00bie.de/pics/banavlo/scenebg.jpg
so there is at least a bit talent ;) (btw. i am not very experienced...i justs did few 3dmax things..)

lol I wasn't downing on your stuff dood, I still really like it (got a soft spot for nicely rendered glass, and that first one rawks) ;) Just my opinion on smoothing that's all, it's one of those things that always looks like a modifier - like lens flares always look like a filter.

Griz, that's not bad - simple geometry though. Was it a tutorial?

CR0M said:
lol I wasn't downing on your stuff dood, I still really like it (got a soft spot for nicely rendered glass, and that first one rawks) ;) Just my opinion on smoothing that's all, it's one of those things that always looks like a modifier - like lens flares always look like a filter.

Griz, that's not bad - simple geometry though. Was it a tutorial?

No it wasn't a tutorial - it's an accurate CG model of my rig done in Lightwave (with PS for textures) and weighing in at just over 23000 polys! :D

You're right about the fact that it's simple geometry though - my organic modelling suck atm. :(

Back