Playable ?

F

Fezzy

Hi,

After my exams im going to buy Half life 2, to play it but also play Cs:s, now i've got a good pc (+2600Mhz etc..) the only thing that doesn't fit in my PC is my geForce 4 MX440, could i play Half life 2 v good with this system ?!!

Maybe tell good settings ? :D

Grtz

Ps: I've got a mate who play HL2 with the same card, but with AGP 8X, I've got 4X, and he can play it perfectly (he has a less good PC than me). IS the diff. between 4X and 8X v big for gaming ??!! otheriwse i can play v good aswell....

don't worry, you'll be able to play it.
for the X4 or X8, it's an option you set in the BIOS. just try and see what'll work best for you.

It will be playable, but with a geForce 4 MX440, you will need to turn your video settings down to keep the frame rates up. My guess would be 800 x 600, no AA or AF. You might do OK with 2X AA and trilinear AF. There is not much difference between 4X and 8X AGP in most games, so that is not a real factor IMO.

Also those cards don't support the cool water reflect textures, I think maybe its bump mapping, I'm not sure.

You can play it.
BUT, however you can expect a very bad drawdistance on objects. not enemys and important stuff.. but barrels, boxes, cars etc.
with GF4 mx cards the game is that way....

there is a workaround to increase the drawdistance, apparently without any noticeable performance issue

I have set model quality to high and all other things to medium and it plays like a dream(with my mx440,p4 2ghz,512mb sdram) :)

Back