Players jumping really high(not grav jump).

B

Bot Killer

I have played a few people who for whatever reason can jump extremely high. This is not a gravity gun jump, and in both instances the gravity was at default settings. One of the players would jump up about 10ft in the air, then float very slowly on the way down. I didn't see this as an advantage because he was so easy to hit on the way down.
I played another guy in lockdown doing this, he would jump about the same height but would fall very fast. It made it very difficult to hit him while he was doing this. He could literally jump high enough in the air that a grenade fired out of the smg hitting the ground right below him would not even damage him. I asked him how he was doing that he said he was just jumping...
Does anyone know how people are doing this? I'm sure it's just a exploit in the physics and they are using a script to take advantage of it, but if anyone knows anything let me know.... Everyone in the server was accusing him of cheating, he claims he was doing it without cheating.

I've seen this, but just one time. Everyone will tell you it is just the way the animation works when you jump-duck or strafe-jump, but this guy was definitely jumping higher than that. It seems to be pretty rare. Don't know how it's done.

EDIT: Now that I think about it a bit more, this is probably hovering! :p

It wasn't hovering, but I think his name was tommy maynard, or something maynard.

Meh, there are 3 different types of hovering.

One involves an exploit (he probably learned it from me, that Reverend Maynard fellow.) and works 100% of the time, and is extremely easy to do.

Another involves sawblades and ONLY sawblades.

The last is badger's hovering, which works with any object.

That person I've played with more than once, and I've screwed around with plently of exploits with him in a server - he's probably figured it out himself, and is having fun doing it. It's darn near impossible to steer yourself when you're doing it, and 99% of the time you go STRAIGHT up and come down either slow or fast.

Polar_Bear said:
Meh, there are 3 different types of hovering.

One involves an exploit (he probably learned it from me, that Reverend Maynard fellow.) and works 100% of the time, and is extremely easy to do.

Another involves sawblades and ONLY sawblades.

The last is badger's hovering, which works with any object.

That person I've played with more than once, and I've screwed around with plently of exploits with him in a server - he's probably figured it out himself, and is having fun doing it. It's darn near impossible to steer yourself when you're doing it, and 99% of the time you go STRAIGHT up and come down either slow or fast.

think i have done that by accident, i hit an object whilst running and jumping and float up and come back down.(like doing a long jump on the moon)

Is there any info online to learn the hovering?

Maybe it was an intended feature to say it doesnt really give them that much advantage. If its a bug and Valve see it been reported, they will try and find a fix for it.

Back