Playing Final Fantasy VII

Kyle2

Reaction score
For any of you that care I am not in the middle of playing Final Fantasy VII. This is the very first time I have played it, in fact this is the very first RPG I have played. I have to admit it's awesome. So yeah that's what I'm doing while waiting for HL2. I guess we could start a discussion about how cool FF7 is and how I could kick your ass now that I'm level 10!

Clocked it twice :) my fav RPG of all time. Where are you and who are you using? I always ended up with Cloud, Yuffie and Cid :) They're average but I like them so eh :p You'll get alot of flames for this but I'm not gonna be like since FF7 kicks arse.

Yuffie? Lol I used Barret. FFVII was I think one of the best rpg's ever also. But I never was the same after that horrible tragedy.... :(

I could never beat Sephiroth at the end of the game...I just couldn't stand watching that 5 minute summoning (where the entire solar system is destroyed (but of course comes back again for the next summon).

It was sssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo long, plus I was raped by it every time. I was really let down, since I got up to that point problem-free.

Whats worse is that this happens to me in every single Final Fantasy game I've ever played, 7, 8,9,and 10. I haven't beat a single one! But I still had alot of fun with them while I was playing them, especially VII and X.

Try FFVI - by far my fave FF :)

FFVII is great too - as is FFV :)

Bah. Vincent is by far the best FFVII character!

Manny, I killed Safer Sephiroth in 3 attacks..

Knights of the Round Table on double cast (Although Cloud could only cast it once, second would fail due to no MP), and I had Vincent Mirror the double cast (Mirror gave free casting, so he actually casted both)

Although, that's sitting there watching like.. 10 minutes of spellcasting, but hah. I also beat him manually, but that's no fun

FF7 is my all time favourite RPG too...dosent get mush better than that..

Yeah ff7 was a fun game, truly a classic, i used cloud, tifa, and barret or vincent. Another good game was star ocean. i liked that storyline.

The only game I've played that's longer than FFVII (75 hours) was FFX (150 hours and still counting). Damn good game.

Of course, then there's Suikoden, which I find to be much better. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do.

Originally posted by Shuzer
Manny, I killed Safer Sephiroth in 3 attacks..

Knights of the Round Table on double cast (Although Cloud could only cast it once, second would fail due to no MP), and I had Vincent Mirror the double cast (Mirror gave free casting, so he actually casted both)

Although, that's sitting there watching like.. 10 minutes of spellcasting, but hah. I also beat him manually, but that's no fun

But I'm not the kind of person to go on side quests to find a summon. I never had knights of the round table. I even hate leveling-up characters, so I do as little out-of-the way fights. Hell, sometimes I just runaway from alot of the random encounters because I dislike them so much (this is obviosuly the reason I lose in the end, but I just can't stand the constant repetitive fighting).

It's the first RPG I played in all my life. My favourite is FFVI, then FFVII (Barret rocks :p), FFV, FFIX, FFX, FFVIII (just my opinion). But all of them are great!

Originally posted by KagePrototype
The only game I've played that's longer than FFVII (75 hours) was FFX (150 hours and still counting). Damn good game.

Of course, then there's Suikoden, which I find to be much better. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do.

How is Suikoden 3? I was interested in that game, but it was hard to find...but then they rereleased it for $30, so I think I'll pick it up if its good. Is their voice acting? Is it cinematic like FF? How are the graphics? How does this multiple-person attack system work? Is it harder than the FF series?

And what the hell is up with Star Ocean 3??!?! Thats the game I was really looking forward to, but which just dropped off of the face of the earth. I'd really appreciate it if someone updated me on its status for US release.

Originally posted by manny_c44
But I'm not the kind of person to go on side quests to find a summon. I never had knights of the round table. I even hate leveling-up characters, so I do as little out-of-the way fights. Hell, sometimes I just runaway from alot of the random encounters because I dislike them so much (this is obviosuly the reason I lose in the end, but I just can't stand the constant repetitive fighting).

Well, if you want to finish it you MUST fight all you can and find all the summons (the most powerful is Knights of the round table).

Originally posted by Aralkar
Well, if you want to finish it you MUST fight all you can and find all the summons (the most powerful is Knights of the round table).

I need some one to prod me on, I don't have the patience to fight all of those identical enemies over and over in the exact same way for hours.

I like fighting the crazy Japanese scientists who morph into mutants for no reason mid-fight (FF7). Thats why I play final fantasy.

Originally posted by The DemonWithin
Yeah ff7 was a fun game, truly a classic, i used cloud, tifa, and barret or vincent. Another good game was star ocean. i liked that storyline.

Ahh your bringing back great memories of star ocean 2 loved that game hella hard though....that reminds me i didnt get all of the endings hmm i should go pick it back up! Have you played the lunar games?? Great storylines plenty of plot twists and all that.

I beat Sephiroth 3 times now, he has 3 forms that's... 9 sephiroths I kicked ass on :D I was pretty pwn at that game, only regret - I've had Omnislash, KOTR Summon and Final Attack + Phoenix Summon, but never all three on the same game :( And I never beat the Emerald or Ruby weapons, that shit is TOUGH.

Originally posted by mchammer75040
Ahh your bringing back great memories of star ocean 2 loved that game hella hard though....that reminds me i didnt get all of the endings hmm i should go pick it back up! Have you played the lunar games?? Great storylines plenty of plot twists and all that.
nope never played lunar, heard it was good tho.

IMO

FF7 < FF8

I like the fighting better then FF7. IMO! No flame war here!

To me is Chrono Trigger the best game Square ever made. My favorite game of all time...i have to yet too see like 5 endings. I love Chrono Cross too, but i wish it had the same artwork as CT.

I played FFVII but i got bored in like 13 hours and never finished the first disk... :\ liked better the 2d FFs.

Originally posted by The DemonWithin
nope never played lunar, heard it was good tho.
Yup its good but they dont make the orginial lunar anymore so its pretty rare youll be lucky to find it.

IMO, FF8 had a superior fighting system as far as normal attacking went, nice and fast paced. But the draw system bugged me and the Limit Breaks were kinda... weird.

i hate FFVIII... it sux compare to FF VII... I mean, those Limit breaks and the draw system are made for getting annoyed at...
FFVII is the best RPG ever made! Ive played it 4 times and i always get to the point where im supposed to fo down the big hole to sephiroth.. But then i just dont do it, and it always ends with me Formating C: and deleting FF VII

U're all wrong - the fighting, equiping, items, story and characters are all better in FF6 (FF7 was good tho :) )

Chrone Trigger was a great game - but Secret of Mana is the daddy. Best rpg ever \o/ - and it was 3 player :D (shame about the sequal - which wasn't too good imo)

Back