Playing Zombie with Bots

Reaction score
Now I love nothing more than playing zombie mods in co-op. Be they for HL or any other game.

Now I also enjoy playing with CS:S bots forcing them to spawn on the opposite team and only allowing them to use knives.

The only problem is no matter how many bots I add the server will only allow me to face 3 bots at a time. How can I set the server so that I can have 19 bots vs just me?

Awsome. Theres nothing quite like fighting a crowd of CTs armed with a Machinegun.

Pardon me for my n00bness...but you can play CS: S with BOTS?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:
How?! Is it a version of the PODBot or something? Where can you get it?! I would LOVE to play CS: S with bots!!!! :D

I like playing CS: 1.5 with the PODBot, with 15 bots (8 on each team, including me). :)

BeaverMon said:
Pardon me for my n00bness...but you can play CS: S with BOTS?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:
How?! Is it a version of the PODBot or something? Where can you get it?! I would LOVE to play CS: S with bots!!!! :D
it comes with CS:S now, SourceBot.

console, bot_add_t or _ct

So it's built into CS: S? Can you set the bot names, and the bot chat too?

Hmm. The last time I remembered playing a bot that was built into the game was Duke3D, and Unreal Deathmatch. Both of them sucked. No waypoints, expasually Duke3D's Bot. The "mad kicker". It kicks at walls, thinking their breakable.

Thanks! :)
Edit: Well I played de_dust with 15 bots. It was quite fun seeing them use Voice Commands. Only got pwned twice, but I owned more (on Easy difficulity).

But I still don't see anything about setting the bot's names. :(
Edit2: I found the names. There in the .db files in the counter-strike source shared.gcf file (thank you GCFScape! :D).
Also found the "Bot Chatter", and unlike the PODBot, they chat with .wav files, not text lines.

BeaverMon said:
Thanks! :)
Edit: Well I played de_dust with 15 bots. It was quite fun seeing them use Voice Commands. Only got pwned twice, but I owned more (on Easy difficulity).

But I still don't see anything about setting the bot's names. :(
Edit2: I found the names. There in the .db files in the counter-strike source shared.gcf file (thank you GCFScape! :D).
Also found the "Bot Chatter", and unlike the PODBot, they chat with .wav files, not text lines.

I think I'm gonna have a field day naming my bots :D

Back