Please excuse me. Unreal Engine 3.

*Goes to help Shens
*See's U3 demo's
*Treads on Shens' face
Must. Download.

Demo 4 is the best one hands down, other videos are just the rehashed version of last year's stuff along with some new things..

*drinks more orange juice

edit: Demo 4 screen capture.

http://beyondunreal.com/daedalus/img.php?potd_image_id=2997

edit2: from beyond3d.
wireframe said:
Here's a quick breakdown of what the videos in this link show:

Note about all four videos: They have very poor sound and look washed out.

Video 1: This is the same general tech, shader, and shadowing demo shown last year. In fact, it is so similar I first thought it was from last year just shot from another angle. You can skip this one if you have seen last year's video(s).

Video 2: A physics demo with gravity and various mechanism operating on balls to set off a chain of events. Not very impressive.

Video 3: More physics. This one is a more general gaming environment demo with ragdolls. It is reminiscent of the Karma demo released for UT2003 and shows how gravity can be controlled and how bones interact in models.

Video 4: Large detailed environments demo. This is the one that will drop your jaw. If you thought Half-Life 2 or Painkiller had interesting and large outdoor environments, wait till you see this. More of an old-school texture and polygon demo (the 'fancy stuff' is not highlighted) and probably highlighting the dynamic loading capability of the engine (difficult to hear), but certainly the one that will have most people impressed and off dreaming about the endless possibilities. This one is the must-have of the bunch.

Another article off of IGN.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/594/594856p1.html

IGN said:
Of course, this I've experienced this kind of wonder before. Seeing DOOM 3 for the first time. Seeing Half-Life 2 for the first time. Hell, seeing Star Fox for the first time is actually pretty memorable for me. But man, the stuff Epic is showing off to promote their Unreal Engine 3 is ridiculo. Something will undoubtedly pass it up eventually, but there is no doubt that this is the next generation in visuals putting everything out there to shame.

Wow.
That engine is powerful.
Ubisoft must use this engine to make a new Splinter Cell game.

wow, video 4 looks great. The city is so beatiful and looks so detailed.
EDIT: By the way, don't forget to turn your volume back down after watching. I had to turn my amplifier nearly all the way up (200 watt studio monitor loudspeakers) to figure out what the guy was saying.

/me changes pants again

Imagine Unreal Tournament 2007 with these graphics!!! :O :O :O

imagine the slut running that thing : |

i would <3 a new ff game on that engine.

I would <3 a new GTA/Mercenaries game on that engine, or a RE game.:p

Pi Mu Rho said:
/me changes pants again

I agree once again. :rolling:

It would be really cool if they had the fight video. Where it shows the guy in first person shoot aliens. ugh me whats NOW>

That is one impressive engine! :O The lighting, shadowing, texturing, etc is all beyone beliefI can't wait until next year rolls around so that I can get my hands on this. Hoepfully they'll show off more at E3. :naughty: Fantastic.

That last video with the city was unreal(no pun intended). It looked like something straight out of a CG film. :eek:

It's great that Microsoft has licensed the UE3, perhaps we'll get a Halo 3 using the UE3 engine, doesn't that sound like it could be a major improvement?:)

Kschreck said:
Imagine Unreal Tournament 2007 with these graphics!!! :O :O :O

Nope because all versions of UT since the first have been crap.

"Will this run on my p4 3.6ghz, 2gb ram, x850XTpe 512mb?"
"HAHAHAHAHHAAAAH"
"But HL2 ran so well..."
"Hahahahahh"
"no comment"

What'll be the first game on this engine? I think America's Army got released before any Epic made games the last time.

EDIT - Need new download link please.

The Brick said:
"Will this run on my p4 3.6ghz, 2gb ram, x850XTpe 512mb?"
"HAHAHAHAHHAAAAH"
"But HL2 ran so well..."
"Hahahahahh"
"no comment"
LOL! Great post. :cheers:

/downloading

i love the seemless world feature...i really do ;)

watching the last video with the city shots...all i can think of is.... Oblivion will be amazing, but...
"Elder Scrolls V"

Icarusintel said:
*sees demos, shits pants*
f*cking wow.......will this run on my 486?
No? But it ran those spreadsheets so well.

second demo was awesome!!

nets some funky music to go with it.

Speaking of UE3...

/me prods TDE - check your PMs

This engine is the finest thing since sliced... eh... shut up!

anything new since yesterday? i cant find anything even though i heard they were supposed to talk about AI. i also want to see a movie with the live demo with the sci-fi soldiers with the.. ya i want it.

Back