Please help.. strange things are happening :(

SuperHebbe

Reaction score
Hi...

I have some strange problems after compiling maps for DM... There are also 2 other mappers that has the same problems that I have...

1. For some reason some of my maps don't show shadows on entities...
props_physics, dynamic... only brushes....
2. All of my cubemaps that are inside are totally black! you can only see the metal texture in the room...
3. All entities that are inside are black until you touch them :(
4. Impulse 81 have now started to show 6 balls with black and purple checkers so I have 2 use the crossbow to see the cubemap change :s

What is happening....

I have trided to copy light_enviroment and shadow control and the skybox name for maps that do work... but with the same result...
For some reason, compiling with fast vis does work, but next time I compile the shadows are gone :s
I have also teste some other custom maps found on the net, and there is the same problem... I have validated all my steam files and reset configs with now luck...

Please help me...
I think this problem startet 2 months ago....

SuperHebbe

I had this problem with a map that had light that could be turned on and off the light on the entities and such would be off until the lights were turned off and then back on or until touched. I had the map turn the lights off and on at start to fix it. I hope that helps ya.

Hi Osilo

You are right.. It was the lights... Tested the off/on an it worked :) Entities are not so black anymore, but the cubemaps are still black in alle the rooms.. To bad cause I have a switch on the generator that turns all lights off :( So I'll have to remove that switch :( :( Should be a 2 sets of cubemaps then hehe...
But I still have no shadow on 50% of my maps :(
I'll remove the switch and try compiling again....

SuperHebbe

It doesnt work... I remove the switch for the lights.. Still black cubemaps.... Then I removed the names for the lights and it worked.. WTF... Then I still have no shadows on entities and 50% of the entities are still black... The player models are also some black on one side.... soooo after 1 months of changing skybox textures, copying light_enviroment and shadow_control from maps that works, compiled map with no entities, no brushes and the same thing happens... And no answer from my mail to valve... I'll never start hammer again! I'm so mad..
Valve ****ers (new name for this company) updates DOD/HDR stuff and DM gets more and more buggy.... Aaaaa lot of mappers have the same problem that I have, iZibhO and Sytun has quit mapping, and I'll join them...

Do not reply to this, cause I never will map any more again...

SuperHebbe

Back