Please Help!

Parlez

Reaction score
I have lost my Windows XP disk that came with my PC and I wish to reformat my hard drive. Is there anyway I could do this without the Windows XP disk?

I have lost my Windows XP disk that came with my PC and I wish to reformat my hard drive. Is there anyway I could do this without the Windows XP disk?

You could get a program to tell you what your XP key in the registery is, like this one. And then borrow someone elses Windows XP disk. It might have to be the same kind. Windows XP Home, Pro etc. Because I think the keys are specific to the version of Windows XP you are running.

Thats if you want to reinstall windows. If you just want to format then thats easy with Fdisk, hard drive utilities or some other program.

You could get a program to tell you what your XP key in the registery is, like this one. And then borrow someone elses Windows XP disk. It might have to be the same kind. Windows XP Home, Pro etc.

Thats if you want to reinstall windows. If you just want to format then thats easy with Fdisk, hard drive utilities or some other program.

Ok thank you. Right now I am using my dads computer because mine is soooo slow right now. And mine has high preformance chips in it! In the mean time I will keep looking for the disk.

if you must buy Xp go find an OEM version, it's cheaper and has all the shit built in.

if you must buy Xp go find an OEM version, it's cheaper and has all the shit built in.
That is what I am going to have to do. I am going to the mall today to get some new cloths for school I will just pick one up there. Thanks and I will look for the OEM version!

Back