Please Valve...for me?

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
What's with de_tides? It has to be one of the most boring maps I've ever played in my life. I was kinda hoping the new map would be something remotely different. However, I was wrong, and for the THIRD TIME IN A ROW, they made a map based in a european/castle/dirtroad/grassy area. It's getting old guys cmon, don't you guys remember survivor? That map was amazing, bring that back to source. Or hell, just pull out of the european/castle/dirtroad/grassy places we've seen enough of them.

I want them to make a map where you really need the nightvision or use your flashlight.

Come on people, STUFFED TURTLES!

Work with me on this one.

Really I really like the map, very different from all others I played, including cbble, and looks absolutely amazing. It's by far the best looking map for css.

I liked the map. It's a change, looks like something from medievil times.

And the stuffed turtles own!

Tides is a very beautiful map, very detailed; but I do agree with ShinRa, it is a bit boring. I've been playing it some since the release, but find myself moving back to dust2, aztec and prodigy after a bit.

I didn't like it very well either. It seemed rather.. "fruity" to me. Way too colorful IMO.

Everyone has to stop there bitching on how the new map sucks, or the bots were a dissappointment. First, valve barely had anything to do with the map and the bots. Turtlerock studios did most of the work on the de_tides and the new bots. Valve just helped. Valve is to busy to done most of the work on de_tides and the bots. Just accept the update, at least it is something new!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is a bit fruity, but i love the close quarters fighting. Shooty pwnage :D

i'm confused as to why a counter-terrorist swat team would be running around a european castle. and why a terrorist group would want to bomb a european castle.

i'd actually play cs if they had some real maps, airports, office blocks (high rise), large shops, train stations and so on. not a stone castle in the middle of nowhere

I agree with matt-daly. More realistic enviroments (objects that are typical targets for terrorists) like airports and train stations, not just maps that looks good fitted with a bomb site near a ****ing sundial. de_piranesi is the worst map in cs:s btw.

how about make a little version of the pentagon :p thats a pretty realistic target. or an oil industry terrain. but yes.. more realistic inviroments would be cool.. although de_rats still rocks :p

Back