Poke646 Reference in HL2

Qhartb

Reaction score
In the sewers, during your first encounter with manhacks, the citizen who you are fighting with uses a PVC pipe with an elbow on one end. It is exactly like the weapon the player uses in Poke646. It's the weapon you'd use like the crowbar to break crates and such.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. Did anyone else notice it?

I saw that, but I didn't know it was a reference to anything.
Could just be a coincidence, but who knows?

I don't think it was a reference to poke64, it's a pipe.

edit: but it's nice to know the mod isn't forgotten. :)

OMG!! and half life 2 has a doom 3 refrence as well :O coz i saw a pipe on the wall once.like omg i saw the same kinda thing in doom :S

My god am i just in a bad mood or are people just being moronic this morning

As the wise guru of tasmania once said in his most famous days....... maybe.

cueball said:
OMG!! and half life 2 has a doom 3 refrence as well :O coz i saw a pipe on the wall once.like omg i saw the same kinda thing in doom :S

My god am i just in a bad mood or are people just being moronic this morning
No, it's just you.

Hmm, interesting. I haven't played the mod in a while.

I did think of poke646 when that guy first picked it up, intentional reference or not.

if they had a really fun tentacle level and then a really lame tentacle level, THEN it would be a poke646 reference :D

Doesn't the Poke64 story coincide with the overall saga pretty well? hmmm...maybe Valve was being cool and giving the mod community a little nod.

I suppose it could take place during the portal storms or whatever
always thought the weapons were a little silly though (but the candy monster will always rule me)

jimmyjam said:
I suppose it could take place during the portal storms or whatever
always thought the weapons were a little silly though (but the candy monster will always rule me)

The bostitch was pretty fun, if they can make it like the crossbow so you can nail people to the wall I can die happy.

Back