Poll: Should Combine Orb Vaporize Player?

Should Combine Orb Vaporize Player?

• Yes

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • Only on 'Hard'

Votes: 36 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wtf??? that hev ressisted to a resonance cascade!!!!???what about a frigging enegy ball?,they're are like flies for gordon..:smoking:

Just because it doesn't vaporize you, that doesn't mean you are safe. You know how many times the orbs knocked my down into the Citadel depths in the battle vs Breen?

I wish a combine orb would vaporise this guy.

IMO it should be dependant on difficulty.

the elites werent that big a threat at all imho, they hsould have been much more dangerous, but alas valve seems to have gone far lengths to make the game (abit too) easily playable by 12 year olds

I figured the HEV suit acted as a heavy shield to some degree... but yes, it is a little confusing to see yourself survive a hit from one of those ingame, as if it were nothing... so, since the game never says anything about the HEV suit being insanely effective in war (I mean, it's a hazardous environment suit, not a war suit), it creates a bit of an immersion problem when you wonder why you can take those hits so well without being vaporized, making you remember, "Oh yeah, this is a game. I'm more special than the enemies," which is regrettable.

I think it's funny how people can get sucked out of the game over trivial things like this.

I don't think anybody gets sucked out... just slightly distracted.

Back