Poll: Will HL2 preload today ???

HL2 Preload today ?!?!???

• Yup..today is the day...must be ...

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • No way..something fishy is going on ...

Votes: 36 64.3%

• Total voters
TY... I dont know and I dont care because I'm gettin' me a box. :)

I hope there is a little toy at the bottom of the box. :LOL:

After the Leaked Script fiasco, I think they're pretty much for NOT giving ANYONE ANY Half-Life2 content. I thought all those files were "encrypted," but apparently any 12 year old can get into them and extract information.

I think... maybe not think... but HOPE... that it preloads today. Its never a good sign when something doesn't preload.

People, why do we even care about this preload? You cant play it, what do you want to do with the files? Right click on it, properties, and masturbate? If people get hyped only about this, i feel sorry for the moderators here when they have to deal with million posts on the release day.

Its just some file people...

I myself will keep it simple: i see the game in the store ---> i buy it. All the processing and stuff doesnt matter to me.

Democritus said:
After the Leaked Script fiasco, I think they're pretty much for NOT giving ANYONE ANY Half-Life2 content. I thought all those files were "encrypted," but apparently any 12 year old can get into them and extract information.
They know that anyone can extract those files...btw. you can't do much with them...
but maybe they are working on some new encryption to protect hl2 contents before releasing them...
they also said that the leaked "subtitles" aren' spoiling to much and that they are not losing anything just because of released subtitles...
or maybe they found some bugs that were really hidden and take time to be fixed..who knows ? But im optimistic for an "As-of-today" release...

-TaNaKa- said:
People, why do we even care about this preload? You cant play it, what do you want to do with the files? Right click on it, properties, and masturbate? If people get hyped only about this, i feel sorry for the moderators here when they have to deal with million posts on the release day.

Its just some file people...

I myself will keep it simple: i see the game in the store ---> i buy it. All the processing and stuff doesnt matter to me.

1. Because it shows that SOME progress has been made in the game

2. I was considering buying it over Steam, so I was excited to get the process going. (Though I'm nervous about the credit card info security -- see my thread poll)

3. AND, quite frankly, it would seem to indicate that the release isn't a bazillion years away.

Im pretty sure they will they said that half life 2 will start preloadign the texturers and stuff on wednesday.

sHm0zY said:
Im pretty sure they will they said that half life 2 will start preloadign the texturers and stuff on wednesday.
w00t..we can trust you as you were there i guess :sniper: :monkee:

HL2 started preloading yesterday, some HL2 files were in the CS:S preload.

Notice:
CS:S Shared Content.gcf
Means its sharing content with SOMETHING ELSE. What the hell could that be? Thats a tough one.

Back