Pong

ratm9200

Reaction score
The other day when i was playing hl2dm someone shoot a radiator at me and i hit it back out of mid air with the grav gun and got an idea for a pong mod.

I was thinking it would be in fairly long recatangular room. The two teams all have grav guns and can only move around in a small box in front of their goal. a fairly lage ball is then released and the two sides have to shoot the ball back in forth until it gets past the team and into the goal. Of course you would tweak the grav gun so there was no pickup ability and so it shot at less velocity.

Couldnt be all that hard to make and could prove to be fun (or at least interesting) So, anyone else think this is a good idea or am i too tired to realize this is stupid.

Not sure about Pong, but I could see tennis/squash/etc (like Deathball on UT2004) being good.

Nah they need to make a Dodgeball mod! :D One person has the manipulator and a barrel and there's people around him and he trys to hit them and they try to dodge it. :D

Ownzed said:
Nah they need to make a Dodgeball mod! :D One person has the manipulator and a barrel and there's people around him and he trys to hit them and they try to dodge it. :D

I was thinking that just before I read your post... Dodgeball would be freakin awesome! Although I'm not sure about a barrel... It would be better true to an actual dodgeball game (with a ball), and some tweaking... ie, not having to use the manipulator gun to throw and catch the ball (hands instead?), some animations, the ability to dive, sound effects (sneakers squeaking on gym floor, etc), etc...

We can do that in a simple map. All we have to do is make small balls. Make the middle lower than the rest or higher than the rest to make the balls go one way or the other. Make it in a box. draw a line in the middle. Then Action. oh, also within the map editor; you can set it up so NO one can buy weapons and you can loose the knife too I think.

You could set it up so that the person who is "it" had one of those rollers(The super annoying little electrical balls that hit you and shock you when you have the buggy) that would automatically roll back towards him after he threw it at someone.

There's definitely scope for a good dodgeball mod, but I'd like to see a good football or soccer one too. I've played a soccer one for HL1, but it's not that good. It could be great under the source engine!

I'll make a map this wednesday that can do this. You guys will love it.
Unless someone else beats me to it. If so, PLEASE make it look good and do some beta testing before allowing people to download the map so some BS version doesn't make it out.
The cool thing about the download maps feature in steam not being on was version control.

do u ever say anything else informed one ur like an aimbot every post is teh same thing

informed one said:
Yea, I say other things.... HUG MY NUTS JERKOFF! :thumbs:

This guy is definately suffering from sexual tension...he cant seem to delve out of that subject matter.

Oh my god, I just got a better idea. I'm going to call my friends and we are going to go outside and play dodgeball. I'm waiting for somebody to make a mod of something that I can't do much better in real life, like kill people/nazis/dinos.

pong would be coool
instead have like lots of 1vs1 like

CT1 T1
| * . * |
CT2 T2
|* ' * |
like that the whole way down all in 1 big room

football (or soccer for you yanks) would be sweet since the engines physics are already syncronised for objects over the net

Back