Poor Me (rant)

Mr.Reak

Reaction score
Okay, this summer was pretty boring, nothing interesting came out :\ But wait, fall roles in and what do we see, right:

1.) Half-life 2
2.) Max Payne 2
3.) ToEE
4.) Homeworld 2
5.) Call of Duty

But that’s not all, these are only games, here are some of DVD releases:

1.) Two Towers Extended Edition
2.) Matrix Reloaded
3.) T3
4.) X-1\2 Collection Edition
5.) Finding Nemo

Oh, wait a second, what about new movies:

1.) Matrix Revolutions
2.) Return of the King
3.) Kill Bill Vol. 1
4.) Underworld
5.) Lost in Translation

Now, let’s sum it all up. Each movie ticket coasts around $10 for me, but I never go alone, so it plus another $10 for my girlfriend. Here goes $100. Now DVD, two of them are collection editions, so it is around $ 30 each, plus $20 for another three. Eh… $120 out the window. And the most expensive crap are games. HL2 collection edition I guess will coast me around $70, plus another 4 games, each $50.

In the end I spend: Near $500 on everything above alone! The worst part, I have this stupid habit to buy something I like the day it comes out. I am going broke this fall, that’s for sure. Oh yeah, and coast of apartments in San Francisco raised again, how lame :\ Being adult, well almost, sucks.

So what do you guys getting this fall?

If you think that's bad, soon I'll be paying close to that each month for my car thanks in most part to the lovely insurance rates in NY. Plus I gota pay for tuition .. :(

Yeah in the best case I'll end up with 0 savings after college. But I'm still hoping for that magical high-paying "after you graduate" job. :)

Originally posted by Mr.Reak

So what do you guys getting this fall?

You have a girlfriend and youre complaining about buying things that youll enjoy. Suck up your minor losses and stop bitching.

Yeah I wouldn't feel bad spending money on my girlfriend .. for 3 years all I did was put it in the bank and it didn't make me one bit happier. Now I'm ready to spend :)

Oh yeah, be happy, now you can spend all your money on your girlfriend.. God damn, she is like a lich... sucks everything out of ya :)

But the point is, I am still just a college student, heh. As Lone, I pray for a magic job to appear magically after I finish college. Bhaha, real life sucks.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
girlfriend.. God damn, she is like a lich... sucks everything out of ya :)

Yeah, quite literally.

My program for the remainder of the year is as follows:

1. Buy a car
2. Make sure the girl is a girlfriend an not just a girl friend
3. Buy HL2 + Radeon 9(6 or 8)00 (depending on result of #2)
4. See Return of the King for sure. Attempt to convince disillusioned friends to see Matrix Revolutions.
5. ??

Fun. :)

Warez is dumb , and stealing. You should be banned for talking about it.

im working to save up cash to actually buy hl2 :p its hard for me coz im in another country where 3 bucks makes up one dollar.

Re: Re: Poor Me (rant)

Originally posted by Jagermeister
OMFG, RotK is so gonna pwn. It's gonna be the lord of all movies.

Indeed. Shelobs liar, Battle of the Pelennor fields, Paths of the Dead, Cracks of Doom...
*drools thinking about it*

Originally posted by Javert
Saying something along those lines got me kicked from the GameSpy forums, but wh4+3v3r...mods here are much better.

As for Mr. Reak, do you have a job? That might help a bit I guess. I'm also gonna get HL2 (as well as Star Wars: KOTOR) and the TTT Extended Edition (not to mention the Indiana Jones DVD) AND the midnight showing of LotR: RotK, Matrix3. So I guess you and me are in the same boat. :cheers:
$$=;(

Indeed, I do work, but still, it's only part time job :)

The ROTK book was the best, definately, the movie, I just cant say. Peter said the grey heavens was his favorite part.

Bah im sure u could get that lot for much cheaper u just need to look around, maybe buy things second hand etc...

Back