PopCap Games Now on Steam

So many stupid idiots here.

'OMG STUPID PRICE!' Oh, great job dickwad, why didn't you complain BEFORE? When the price was the same? Oh, I know, you gotta complain because Steam is not applying to uber-l33t gamers anyone? Because Valve want Steam to appeal to more people and gain more income?

'OMG SHITTY GAMES!' Doubt you played them. I'm not a casual gamer (buy little games), but I've played many PopCap Games through... methods. Moral of the story: Play it first, then comment. Commenting on screenshots... that's like drinking pee out of a Coke bottle.

'OMG VALVE PUTS UP SHITTY GAMES!' This is even worse. Why didn't anyone complain when Strategy First put pretty much many games on Steam? Oh, wait, it's because PopCap came up with amazingly simple games, is it? So? There are fvcking differences! These are casual games, damn it. There're different and are meant for people with less time to play games. Believe it or not, some people play and enjoy them. Just because you think they suck doesn't mean they do.

DIFFERENT CONSUMER BASE FTW, STUPIDS.

And then Valve is bashed on for letting 'stupid games' come on Steam. Like I said, Strategy First? It's a business, goddamnit.

'Hey Valve, make games for us!'

Valve: *makes games, put some casual games on Steam to gain more revenue for more budget to make games*

'OMG VALVE SUCKS HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US!!!'

Sigh.

I was slightly tiffed at the demos (1 Hour? damn, shareware games gave me more flexible time!) and the price ($20/game? Maybe $20 for three games...).

I found some of the games fun, so whatever.

So many stupid idiots here.

'OMG STUPID PRICE!' Oh, great job dickwad, why didn't you complain BEFORE? When the price was the same? Oh, I know, you gotta complain because Steam is not applying to uber-l33t gamers anyone? Because Valve want Steam to appeal to more people and gain more income?

'OMG SHITTY GAMES!' Doubt you played them. I'm not a casual gamer (buy little games), but I've played many PopCap Games through... methods. Moral of the story: Play it first, then comment. Commenting on screenshots... that's like drinking pee out of a Coke bottle.

'OMG VALVE PUTS UP SHITTY GAMES!' This is even worse. Why didn't anyone complain when Strategy First put pretty much many games on Steam? Oh, wait, it's because PopCap came up with amazingly simple games, is it? So? There are fvcking differences! These are casual games, damn it. There're different and are meant for people with less time to play games. Believe it or not, some people play and enjoy them. Just because you think they suck doesn't mean they do.

DIFFERENT CONSUMER BASE FTW, STUPIDS.

And then Valve is bashed on for letting 'stupid games' come on Steam. Like I said, Strategy First? It's a business, goddamnit.

'Hey Valve, make games for us!'

Valve: *makes games, put some casual games on Steam to gain more revenue for more budget to make games*

'OMG VALVE SUCKS HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US!!!'

Sigh.

If that wasn't so long it'd be part of my sig.
Oh Snap, I can't get the demos no more. Now look what you guys who the quoted post is aimed at have done!

Blaming Valve cos you don't like the popcap games is like blaming Phillips because Daikatana sucked.

(Phillips invented the cdrom)

Dewd, I would totally pay 20 bucks for Insaniquarium Delux.

But I didn't, bittorrent did it for me :p

The concept is thar though.

My opinion on Popcap games

Yes I completely agree with the fact that popcap games are ridiculously overpriced.
I think that it's sad that Valve has let popcap games on to Steam for us hardcore gamers to stare at games that cost twice as much as half life source, and offer 1/24 of the enjoyment.
Not only that but Popcap is another "clone" company that takes another games concept and pastes it onto their stuff. http://www.tigsource.com/articles/2007/06/26/popcap-on-the-topic-of-creativity
There's your proof once and for all that popcap is a bunch of jerks.
:frown:

Yes I completely agree with the fact that popcap games are ridiculously overpriced.
I think that it's sad that Valve has let popcap games on to Steam for us hardcore gamers to stare at games that cost twice as much as half life source, and offer 1/24 of the enjoyment.
Not only that but Popcap is another "clone" company that takes another games concept and pastes it onto their stuff. http://www.tigsource.com/articles/2007/06/26/popcap-on-the-topic-of-creativity

Don't pretend like valve is only there to appeal to the most elitist of the gamer crowd.

Good job 07, but rezzing for unappreciated comments = fail.

Caters to a different crowd.

'us hardcore gamers'? God, have you ever considered that others like these games and are willing to pay for it? Products cater to different crowds and Steam is trying to cater to more by using casual games as a way to attract people to its service.

And if you think games should only be for 'hardcore gamers', gtfo. It's like complaining when some join you for a threesome.

Not only that but Popcap is another "clone" company that takes another games concept and pastes it onto their stuff.

This is true to an extent; the concept taken from it is pretty ridiculous. But only certain games are clones, so labeling it as a clone company is pretty stupid.
http://www.tigsource.com/articles/2007/06/26/popcap-on-the-topic-of-creativity

Yeah, damn those meany mean jerks based one silly clone and a not very well thought-out argument! :frown:

Casual games are MEANT to make a quick buck. They don't appeal to most hardcore gamers because they're not meant to. WOW! WHAT A SURPRISE!

Your argument there is only slightly better than suing ID for making Doom for stealing concepts from the company that made Wolf3D. :LOL:

Back