Porsche GT3 +WIP+

NSPIRE

Reaction score
Started working on this earlier this week. It's my fist attempt at splines EVER so I'm still trying to get used to using them in Lightwave :D.

Whad'ya' think of it so far? C/C would be awesome :thumbs:. Oh, and BTW, it's okay that the blueprints don't match up perfectly, it's very rare that they do. 95% is a great target when modelling with splines, or so I was told on the www.lwg3d.com forums ;).

Angle 01: http://66.194.238.159/~shh/users/nspire/scrn_gt3_04.jpg

Angle 02: http://66.194.238.159/~shh/users/nspire/scrn_gt3_05.jpg

Angle 03: http://66.194.238.159/~shh/users/nspire/scrn_gt3_06.jpg

Hehe, thanks Pen. It's weird working with splines, but I'm slowly getting used to them :).

Heh, dude I've only been modelling for a couple of months now. I'm not saying I'm experienced at all (far from it), but I know some things :D.

Looking good :), its nice to see someone els here that uses Lightwave :)

Hehe, yeah. I found a good alternative, but if that fails... it's all up to you Pen! Lol :p

update.

just started re-patching. how's it looking so far? (click on the images for bigger versions... :eek:)

FPrime render:

Screenshot:

Great work, dude! Keep it up, thats awesome!

that's pretty snazzy =P

i wish i had a car like that . . .

Hehe, Pen; I haven't started adding detail yet. First you have to just get the general shape and form. That's what the splines and the spline patching is for; general shape :p.

More updates... I think I'm done with all the patching unless someone thinks that I should change anything before I move on to the more detailed contour and small details.

What do ya' think?

FPrime render (front):

FPrime render (rear):

Haha, thanks again Pen. I think that I'm starting to get the hang of spline-modelling, FINALLY! wewt!

That's really good - I think you've got the shape perfect. Now just to add some detail :)

Looks sweet, I'd have done a GT2 but that's just me :p

Hehe, I was thinkin' of doing a 993 Porsche GT2 (I think that's the right one :p) but I just couldn't find any good blueprints for it.

Here's an update for today :D:

It has given me a headache so far, but I managed to work through the trickiest parts of the front bumper (ALL BY MYSELF! ^__^). Yay for me!

Since this is my first car model, I'm really trying hard to make it good, so keep that in mind...

your car is starting to look fantastic!

i myself started a car model, the corners all all rounded up after the meshsmooth, and my nice looking mesh in "low-poly" looks sweet and ok, but after the meshsmooth my wireframe isn't that good anymore, how do you fix vertexes after meshsmooth ? or in the low-poly version, so they look good in meshsmooth ? (like on your porsche GT, the corners are all rounded, how will you make them sharper?)

hope you can help me out with this problem :)
thanks

Hmm, well it sounds like you're using Max? I use NewTek's Lightwave 7.5c :D, so I'm not exactly sure how to do the sharper corners. Possibly ask someone who uses Max, I'm sure that they could be of more help than I could.

it's ok, i was modeling way to low-poly, i got it now, i'm making an oldtimer at the moment, maybe ill post some picture of it when it's starting to get nicer to see :)
but i don't think i can post high poly stuff here that isn't for HL² or a MOD, so i probbly wont post it here :)

I'm sure we'd all be excited to see your car when it's ready, simon :p.

lol, well, it takes me forever to model something, so be patient :)
when my hood is done, and my front grill, ill render it :p

Back