Portal Character

BlackOp773643

Reaction score
There may or may not be a thread about this, if there was, i was unable to locate it. I want to discuss what connection portal could have to the Half life universe. None of this adrian shepard crap, if you believe adrian is coming back, use evidence or have a good idea. This is a little out there, but the apeture science page uses a dos like system, maybe gordon could have been a test subject for the portal early on?

The main connection between them currently is 'Portal' technology (i.e. Teleportation, which is what Black Mesa was researching) and the sort of theme of "Uncaring Authority", although in this case the authority does care - but not about you.

Oi-watz up baby?
Hey, this is kinda olde. I don't think there's a link with the character coz teh character is completely new. So unless it really was Shepardingily III, I don't think there's much to discuss XD

The character you play as in Portal is entirely new, and female. Rules out a lot of Shephards and Gordons and things.

There may or may not be a thread about this, if there was, i was unable to locate it. I want to discuss what connection portal could have to the Half life universe. None of this adrian shepard crap, if you believe adrian is coming back, use evidence or have a good idea. This is a little out there, but the apeture science page uses a dos like system, maybe gordon could have been a test subject for the portal early on?

Its already confirmed that its a NEW FEMALE character.

Anyone know when Portal takes place? Around HL1 time or HL2 time? Before or after C17 blowed up? Since there is a chance this female character will show up in Episode 3(I think I read that somewhere.. correct me if I'm wrong), will you plas as her in Portal up til' the point where you're gonna see her in Episode 3 from Gordons perspective?

Or if just takes place after that, or long before? Have they said anything about this?

Gman is gonna freeze her and then send her in to help gordon :O

For some reason I picture one of those strict, libarian type women. *shudders*

Yes, who is this Adrian Shepard. Since he is lacking popularity, i just cant seem to remember who he is
He's Gordon's father.

That's all that Samon wants you to know.

Has Valve said anything about who is in charge of this whole Aperture Science whatever project? is it the Combine?

Not yet. They've confirmed that it's set in the Half-Life 2 universe, but we have no information so far on who's behind it all.

The character you play as in Portal is entirely new, and female. Rules out a lot of Shephards and Gordons and things.

ENTIRELY NEW, does that mean New as in never played before, or New as in never seen/heard of before?

Now what if Shephard or Gordon only appeared, as in, were seen in Portal? Or will the game take place far too ahead of their time? (As in they're both dead by the time Portal takes place)

I have a theory. G-MAN>Gordan freeMAN>Garry newMAN!! OMG GMAN is EVERYWHERE

Adrian Shephard is the main (and player) character of Half-Life's first expansion, Opposing Force. He is a marine and part of the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit that are deployed to Black Mesa during the Black Mesa Incident, ie, he's one of the soldiers from Half-Life 1. People only hate him because of Shephard fanboys who are incredibly annoying and because some people hate Opposing Force (More for contradictions with Half-Life's story than gameplay purposes, it is a very fun game for the most part).

So the G-Man's Osama Bin Laden or did I miss something?

I hate these threads so much its not even funny.

Am I finally meeting people who actually, honestly believe G-Man is Gordon Freeman? Or am I just hallucinating, Cause I hop I am!

if the new portal player is female, maybe its gina or keller????!!!!!

i dont remember what they where called:p

I don't see any point in Valve picking up that bit of backstory.

But i guess it's up to them. *shrugs*

if the new portal player is female, maybe its gina or keller????!!!!!

i dont remember what they where called:p
Keller was a disabled old man :p
You mean Colette Green and Gina Cross.

Keller was a disabled old man :p
You mean Colette Green and Gina Cross.

:p ok, sorry my bad, but you understood what i was aiming for;)
ive only played decay i think it was called, one time on ps2 and frankly. i think it sucked:cheers:

Decay was co'op, right? what even happened in it?

No, of course the G-man isn't Gordan Freeman... HE's HIS DAD, AND GARRY NEWMAN'S SON!

Back