Portal completion (spoilers: dont read)

F

furiusd

Just finished. An absolute joy. I'd read all the previews of all of the Orange box I could find and yet somehow the final twist in Portal was not revealed to me. Thank you journalists for not spoiling the final act! Anyway, whether total coincidence or some piece of master-code from Valve, as the final credits played (tune!) my monitor ceased to function. Only a switch off at the wall would correct this.The tune still played. It made the whole mental-copmuter thing that little bit more real. Breaking the third wall indeed Valve (or my dodgy comp)! Congrats!

Fourth wall! Fourth wall!

Heh, I don't think Valve has ever been thanked for a bug before.

Now that would be some advanced gaming technology, if at the end of Portal the game took over your machine and made it malfunction in a very broken AI sorta way.

Releasing neurotoxin into your study in 5...4...3...

What was the final twist? I didn't find anything unexpected. I mean, it was kind of obvious we would destroy GlaDos (even if only tempoarily)

Now that would be some advanced gaming technology, if at the end of Portal the game took over your machine and made it malfunction in a very broken AI sorta way.

Releasing neurotoxin into your study in 5...4...3...

I can see a law suit coming on lol!

Did not expect fighting her at all, or esacping. I hadn't really thought of it and was surprised it hadn't been revealed (to me at least) in reviews etc. what are the first three walls anyway in this "fourth wall" phrase?

In a set on a TV show you generally have only 3 walls, so that the camera can be set up to face the set easily. The lens of the camera and the screen of the TV set become the forth wall of the room. Breaking the forth wall means making reference to the fact that it's a TV show (the phrase has since spread to include films, books, games, etc), breaking the illusion that there is a forth wall.

Back