Portal Errors...HELP!

Sgt. Redneck

Reaction score
FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (2560.0, -3072.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0, -3584.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0, -4608.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1536.0, -3072.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (512.0, -3072.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0, -5632.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0, -6656.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (-512.0, -3072.0, 3034.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors.... ***

I tried locating those co-ordinates and it just puts the camera outside of my skybox and shows me nothing. I haven't placed any area portals yet, but is that my problem? I seriously am gonna shit out blood if I don't get this fixed. This map is looking really nice and I want to get this done so badly. I really appreciate your help!

I believe that a pointfile is generated for this error.
Map > load pointfile
You'll want to load the default one for the map if it asks. Dunno why though, there is no real "default" pointfile.

Yea I checked for leaks. It does something really stange. Just under my skybox it draws that leak line thing and doenst cross any brushes entities, etc. It doesn't even touch an entity at either side.

A leak pointfile has to touch an entity at some point, but since it measures from the entity's origin, leaked brush entities can be hard to pinpoint if their origins have been moved outside the map.

If you've got helpers enabled, you can check whether there's a brush-entity origin there by selecting the entire map (Edit --> Select All) and looking at the area in the 2D/3D views. Origin helpers show up as blue spheres or white circles. The classname of the leaked entity will show up in the compile log.

Back