Portal levels are repetitive.

Knock panels off with what? As far as we know the only tool at your disposal is the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (It must be wrong that I get so happy just from typing that)
It is. And from what we've seen, its gravity-gun functionality is limited to picking stuff up that's nearby - basically a glorified "E".

Portal may be a puzzle game, but todays gamers are not only looking for gamplay but now are wanting graphics and realism. Games back then may of had no nead for that, but not ever since the gaming industry jumped into the future

The future is... bunk.

Gameplay first, then the fancy crap, OK?

I still agree that Half-Life 2 and Portal are two distinct games. Half-Life 2 does the visional stuffs, whilst Portal does brainteasers. If Portal does too many style-things, the basic purpose is deviated and player just can't focus on what they should.

I think it's a mix. HL2 (As a game, nothing else) had great graphics, and it added to the realism. Of course, it still would've been a great gane without top graphics, but it was greatly realistic. Portal HAS good graphics (In a technical sense) but they are bland and lack imagination. Hell, they could just as well use N64 graphics in portal and i'd still probabily play it. The thing is, looking at white walls detracts from the experience. But i'll probabily stick my foot in my mouth when I actually get the game.

I like the clean cut look to it, it really gives the focused, pure feeling to the game. Actually I always wanted for someone to utilize a simplistic style so that there would be less to worry about.

This was a tech demo of sorts brought on partway through the development of Episode 2 when Valve got their hands on the tech, and made to fit the storyline, correct? I hope to see it implemented in the course of the continuing eposides, but for the purposes of seeing how the public handles it and for including it as an afterthought (?), I think this is fine.
off-topic: who whispered you that??:O

I like the clean cut look to it, it really gives the focused, pure feeling to the game. Actually I always wanted for someone to utilize a simplistic style so that there would be less to worry about.

QFT

The clinical, cold environments of Portal fit perfectly with the ominous lab-rat theme. A game can look good without throwing variety around for the sheer sake of it. Some people here seem to be forgetting that Portal is only aiming at a very narrow gameplay paradigm. It's pretty much an evaluation ground for a particular mechanic, and the success/failure of it will be a factor in future Valve titles.

There's no need for superfluous detail, disregarding for the monent the context the game takes place in. I will be having fun from start to finish, zipping about through rips in space. If white walls are enough to turn you off or leave you bored, then you're either missing the point behind the game or it's just not for you.

That would be an awesome twist. I hope he escapes, though.

Back