Possible to play Half-Life 2 source with CS:CZ?

T

^Th0mas^

Hi guys.

Im new here :)

I got a question about the Half-Life 2 source.

Like almost everyone here, I saw the Counter-Strike Source movie. Looks great. They also told us that they were going to mod HL1 with this source to.

Anyhow.. I love offline play, and I think Condition Zero have the most human like bots every. In other worst, the best A.I i`ve seen. So is it possible to add this new source to CS: Condition Zero to?

I sure would love to play CS offline with good bots at this great engine. I dont care that much about if its Condition Zero or not, i just want the new source with good bots :). So if anyone knows if they are going to add bots along with the CS source, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Condition Zero has only just been released so I would imagine if it does get a source makeover it won't be for a while. There's nothing stopping someone adding bots for CS:Source though

digsy said:
Condition Zero has only just been released so I would imagine if it does get a source makeover it won't be for a while. There's nothing stopping someone adding bots for CS:Source though

True.

But that would probably be unofficial bots like the Podbot. And Podbot sucks, becuase its dumb and very very easy!

^Th0mas^ said:
Hi guys.

Anyhow.. I love offline play, and I think Condition Zero have the most human like bots every. In other worst, the best A.I i`ve seen. So is it possible to add this new source to CS: Condition Zero to?

I sure would love to play CS offline with good bots at this great engine. I dont care that much about if its Condition Zero or not, i just want the new source with good bots :). So if anyone knows if they are going to add bots along with the CS source, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Hi!

It's likely that the bots from CS:CZ will follow to CS-source. If this isn't the case then someone will add them later. The AI was pretty good from the bots seen on CS:CZ. Nothing compares to human target shooting though. :p

i agree it would be nice if they updated CZ to Source for those of us who've already shelled out the $40 for the game :)

Nah, those CS bots will be ported to CS:Source. I don't see why they wouldnt :)

The only reason why i bought Condition Zero are becuase of the great bots. Anyhow.. as long as it is possible to play CS: Source with great bots, i dont care if its CZ or not :)

I think the CS:CZ people sort of got a bad deal on this, now that CS:S is coming. I mean, they mostly bought the game for the slightly updated graphics and bots, and now with much much better graphics coming very soon with CS:S, the bots are all that's left. And if they port the bots: then why did people buy CS:CZ? For the deleted scenes bonus which weren't even the main content? I bet if people knew about CS:S coming so soon (hopefully), a lot of them would have held off on buying CS:CZ.

Maybe cs:source will get a $10 discount for CZ owners.........

Unlikely but possible.

Now they have good bots and CZ introduced a well presented game package with easy to administer server tools etc I can't see them not including them in CS:S

It was most probably because decent bots are a very difficult thing to code and not many people can do it very well. As it turns out Valve's attempt in 1.6 was crap, which is when they got Michael Booth from Turtle Rock to do it who did a brilliant job.

Chris_D said:
It was most probably because decent bots are a very difficult thing to code and not many people can do it very well. As it turns out Valve's attempt in 1.6 was crap, which is when they got Michael Booth from Turtle Rock to do it who did a brilliant job.

Yeah!

Decent bots are hard to code.

I know that CZ have decent bots, thats why i want to play CZ with the new source!

Or atleast play CS Source with those bots or better. :flame:

CS:S will most likely have bots....IMO the way people moved in the CS:S vid looked very bot'ish...

and CS:CZ was a bad deal in the first place...sure hope Valve are smart enough to atleast put in some deal for the CS:CZ people with CS:S...

Apos said:
I think the CS:CZ people sort of got a bad deal on this, now that CS:S is coming. I mean, they mostly bought the game for the slightly updated graphics and bots, and now with much much better graphics coming very soon with CS:S, the bots are all that's left. And if they port the bots: then why did people buy CS:CZ? For the deleted scenes bonus which weren't even the main content? I bet if people knew about CS:S coming so soon (hopefully), a lot of them would have held off on buying CS:CZ.

I honestly doubt the sales on CS:CZ could have been very high to begin with, and I agree with you.... sucks for them.
anyone see how sad the poll was on Planethalflife.com?
it was like:

Did you buy CS: CZ? (total votes 32111)

*Yes, and I'm happy with it! 10%
*Yes, but I wish I didn't. 9%
*Nope. Release HL2 already! 81%

now Im not saying that the poll is a good indication (not by a long shot) its just the general idea you get from the whole CS:CZ thing, when talking to most people. (I dont know anyone who would/did shell out cash for it)

Thats only because the graphics sucks! Get the new source and the game will be great!

Mr. Redundant said:
I honestly doubt the sales on CS:CZ could have been very high to begin with, and I agree with you.... sucks for them.
anyone see how sad the poll was on Planethalflife.com?
it was like:

Did you buy CS: CZ? (total votes 32111)

*Yes, and I'm happy with it! 10%
*Yes, but I wish I didn't. 9%
*Nope. Release HL2 already! 81%

now Im not saying that the poll is a good indication (not by a long shot) its just the general idea you get from the whole CS:CZ thing, when talking to most people. (I dont know anyone who would/did shell out cash for it)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

digsy said:

Yeah, but it will be like Podbot or Realbot, and those bots totally suck. They are both way to stupid and VERY easy.

The reason why I want to play CZ in source are becuase there are great bots in the game. They are very human like, and still improving along with every single patch.

CS: Source could use the HL2 AI system, which would be great...

Right dude, sure hope they`ll make use of it.

I have sent them a e-mail, asking them..

digsy said:

Yes it would be stupid to sell a game and right after sell it again with a graphical(sp?) rewamp.

Btw digsy, thanks for the sig!

Maybe valve will release a program that will convert all their games to source.... Kind of cool.

dream431ca said:
Maybe valve will release a program that will convert all their games to source.... Kind of cool.

That would be a dream :)

Back