Post about the TF2 bugs you've seen.

Operational

Reaction score
Post about the bugs you've come across! I find bugs to be pretty funny, especially when they don't impact gameplay much. Some of these ones have probably been fixed by now.

Self-explanatory, looks really good though IMO
arenabadlands0000c.jpg

This bug I'm glad they fixed, by standing on the Cart as it moves through the Badwater tunnel you could get stuck in the roof. Death was your only escape.
plbadwater0005.jpg

This one was weird, holding both the Rocket Launcher and Spade at the same time. He was actually using his Rocket Launcher at the time, once he switched to Spade and back again it went away but it came back later on.
cpgravelpit0009.jpg

This one hasn't been fixed because it happened a couple of nights ago. Accidentally healed an enemy Spy as he backstabed a teammate and then got an assist for it! Alltalk was on and me, the Spy and the Victim all had a good laugh over it.
plhoodoo0002.jpg

Nice thread timing.

This just happened a moment ago:

ctf2fort0004.jpg

ctf2fort0005b.jpg

ctf2fort0006k.jpg

ctf2fort0009a.jpg

ctf2fort0010y.jpg

ctf2fort0007.jpg

If Valve ever 'fix' taunt skating I will personally bomb their headquarters.

Apparently the Scout can get a kill assist on himself and taunt himself if a pyro reflects his own ball back at him.

The spy heal assist thing isn't a bug, its meant to happen. I've tricked a medic into healing me many times and backstabbed a close by team mate back near release! Its hilarious, I don't see why it would be a bug!?

I still have occasional problems switching weapon types. Changing classes worked exactly once. It seems to come and go, so it might be related to the server? Having to walk into the ammo closet to change is fine, and I know you have to at least be in the spawn point, but sometimes changing the option in the menu won't stick, and other times it'll say that I have a weapon selected regardless of what I'm carrying.

This bug doesn't really lend itself to a neat picture though.

I got the medic bug from there a few nights ago but I never posted, so I will now.

plbadwater0032.jpg

plbadwater0028.jpg

plbadwater0031.jpg

I've had red hud many a time, and when i ubered my blu teammates they appeared to be red!

My bug beats all bugs in existence. Look at the health.

tc_hydro0003.jpg

Don't remember how I got it, but It happened after the Pyro update when the Backburner had extra hit points. Guess it gave me a bit more.

My bug beats all bugs in existence. Look at the health.

tc_hydro0003.jpg

Don't remember how I got it, but It happened after the Pyro update when the Backburner had extra hit points. Guess it gave me a bit more.

Your pyro must have been greedy.

Woah. And it worked like 425hp should, so a Medic buff gave you over 600hp? That would be crazy to play with.

Yep, took me a while to realize though. I was wondering why I was able to dominate an entire teams defenses with only losing half of my health. Hell, I was able to charge sentries head on and kill them.

It only did that once though. Oh and here is my stats after playing with it for a while.

tc_hydro0004.jpg

FACE-STAB!: god I wish valve would remove the damn side-stabs, after they brought them back in I constantly get face-stabbed by talentless spies.

Teleporter trail showing thru floors: kinda lame but not a biggy.

FACE-STAB!: god I wish valve would remove the damn side-stabs, after they brought them back in I constantly get face-stabbed by talentless spies.
Those are legitimate backstabs from his point of view, just like how Snipers can sometimes get headshots "through walls". It's due to lag compensation.

Think about it from a spy's point of view: as many times as you get facestabbed, a spy also gets a non-stab. Lag works both ways.

However, there is a particular kind of jumping sidestab I've been testing that I think is an exploit.

Those are legitimate backstabs from his point of view, just like how Snipers can sometimes get headshots "through walls". It's due to lag compensation.

it's bullshit that's what it is....and it didn't occur to me when they removed the sidestabs, so I want them to remove 'em again.

it's bullshit that's what it is....and it didn't occur to me when they removed the sidestabs, so I want them to remove 'em again.
Oh yeah? Well I want them to remove the Sandman, 95% chance of crit wrench against spies, and reduce the pyro's insane ignite distance. Wishful thinking gets you nowhere.

This one hasn't been fixed because it happened a couple of nights ago. Accidentally healed an enemy Spy as he backstabed a teammate and then got an assist for it! Alltalk was on and me, the Spy and the Victim all had a good laugh over it.

I think Valve should emphasize medic's failure but making the name of the assisted medic their own team color on display.

i was playing a game on the 360 where this scout kept on spamming "Need a dispenser here!" not sure if it was a bug or hack, but it was still pretty funny.

I think Valve should emphasize medic's failure but making the name of the assisted medic their own team color on display.
That makes a lot of sense. Currently it gives you points and means you can dominate your own team and that should be removed.

I know some difficult/obscure map exploits. But I'd rather not post them, as the less people know, the better I do. /lawlz

Also I'm sick of Valve wasting their time on obscure exploit fixes when they need to concentrate on more glaring gameplay fixes.

Not much of a bug, but if you fire the Force-A-Nature's 2 bullets and then run to a resupply cabinet quick enough you can fire up to two more shots before reloading.

Not much of a bug, but if you fire the Force-A-Nature's 2 bullets and then run to a resupply cabinet quick enough you can fire up to two more shots before reloading.

You can do that with anything. Resupply cabinets replenish all ammo, health and reloads your weapon.

Should have payed a little more attention to your point being capped, eh? (funny glitch though, and one of the strangest i've seen.

Back