Post your Amusing Dawn of War Pics :)

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Been playing the demo all week and well just finished a game and got totaly owned. Was 2v2 on hard, take and hold the middle, my team mate died after 5 mins which left me stuck V's an army of dreads :(

Great game :thumbs:, carnt wait for the full version! Orks here we come! WaaaahG!

Attachments

• DoW.JPG
    DoW.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 482
you can play as the orks in the demo as well, through a mod. Though I don't suppose it matters much to US players since the game is coming out tomorrow IIRC.

The great thing is the game is only $39.99. I'm picking it up tomorrow for sure.

I want this game. Post more pics please people! They don't even need to be funny!!

Anyone know when this is arriving in the UK? It's an RTS. And it's Warhammer. And it's GOOD. OMG LOLZ BRAIN POP.

Its a RTS based on Games Workshop Warhammer 40k universe. 4 Armies, Space Marines, Orks, Chaos and Elder. Its really intresting game, really really worth playing if your into starcraft or WC3, kind of a cross between the 2.

This game is going to be fantastic! Get the demo and have a go :)

Hold on I'm uploading 25mb of screenshots.

HQ.jpg

Captin.jpg

Assault.jpg

ArmiePainter.jpg

Few pics there, Game is made by the same people that made homeworld if you know it :) cool game

wow! new improvements sence beta! i played beta, and the empty no image icons disturbed me and the blalance issues

is it focused on mp or are they making an effort to have an enjoyable sp?

Bah connections screwing up, can't upload all of them.

relic00037.jpg

relic00038.jpg

relic00039.jpg

relic00067.jpg

relic00068.jpg

relic00073.jpg

relic00055.jpg

relic00076.jpg

SidewinderX said:
is it focused on mp or are they making an effort to have an enjoyable sp?

Relic like their Single Player. They also love their Multiplayer. Go try the demo, there's a small mission from the campaign in it, brilliant voice acting.

Is the editor any good?
Meaning as good as WC3TFT, in triggers, and unit, spell, doodad, and technology upgrading etc..

I normally don't play many RTSs in multiplayer usually 'cos I'd get my ass kicked. However I've thoroughly enjoyed the demo and I'm now looking forward to the full game. I thought the campaign mission in the demo was quite fun, but also the skirmish mode was brilliant. IMO I think it's worth buying just for the skirmishing which I spent ages playing on the demo.

^exactly. its great fun even if you dont like warhammer. i personnally collect warhammer, but not 40k.

cant wait to get it :E finally a warhammer game that actually matches upto the board game lol.

Wow, they've done lots of polishing since the beta. Can't remember things looking that great :O

Varg|Hund said:
Wow, they've done lots of polishing since the beta. Can't remember things looking that great :O

Might depend on your graphics card...

Anyway, this game is beyond cool. I don't really give a shit about the tabletop game, but the RTS is a fantastic. The animations in the game have to be the best EVER. Like when a dreadnought pics up an orc, holds it up into the air and spinds it around while it's gushing flames through the orcs body and stuff, and then he tosses the poor bastard away. Or when artillery strikes in the middle of a group of marines, and they just go flying everywhere.

It's awesome.

Sorry for the double post, but exactly how do I take in game screenshots in DoW?

Dux said:
Relic like their Single Player. They also love their Multiplayer. Go try the demo, there's a small mission from the campaign in it, brilliant voice acting.

I dunno I thought the voice acting at the end of the mission in the movie was second rate.

Someone said they wanted more random pics:

Da' big mekk:
HOOOOOOOOO134.jpg

Space Marines infront of statue:
HOOOOOOOOO12235235.jpg

One human soldier getting shot to pieces, the other one seems to get anally raped.
HOOOOOOOOO1254345.jpg

Tribes 3
HOOOOOOOOO12.jpg

Bigg Boss:
yjrtjr.JPG

Sad picture, really( :afro:) :
HOOOOOOOOO1254.jpg

The human Commander, takin' a rest.
HOOOOOOOOO12234.jpg

This is a bug I encountered in the game... My dreadnought picked one ork up, and kept it on its arm throughout the game...
HOOOOOOOOO132.jpg

Nice pics!!!!!!!!

Mabye ill go buy the game myself.

Bio said:
Nice pics!!!!!!!!

Mabye ill go buy the game myself.

Do it!

This is one of those games that are just simply fun to play.

I wanna try all the different races! All I've gotten to play is the space marines and even then I didn't get to use all the units. What's the Waaagh counter for on the orc's side?

Wow, this looks awesome and very fun :D

I should buy it, really.

Ach, the ONLY thing that annoys me sooooo much about DoW is that the Space Wolves don't have friggen wolves on them!

Damit, why not!

Anyhoo, still pre-ordered it ;)

I guess it's cos they'd have to spend extra time making the Raven and Death Wing for Dark Angels and the Honor guard and Death Companies for Blood Angels ect. Just easier for them to give the colour options and let fans mod those sorts of detials.

The voice acting for the dialog is ok. But I really like the voice acting for the units, at least the space marines and orcs. Í think it hits right on how the space marines are supposed to be. Had a few great screenys but I formated my computer two days ago, sorry...

I recommend going to www.dawnofwargame.com and read the site, it is quite a good read.

I just picked the game up and I'm installing it now. I'll have a few screens later tonight :p.

Zapp$ter said:
you can play as the orks in the demo as well, through a mod. Though I don't suppose it matters much to US players since the game is coming out tomorrow IIRC.
Can you tell me where I can get this mod?

Played the demo and loved it. The unit graphics are particularly good. Getting the game this week.

This is a video GAME.. weird looks more like a starcraft (CHORE) game.

And yes all of these games seem ALLLLL THE SAME !! like a chore that is very very boring just play starcraft and close your eyes and image different player models and whhala all the same game... No story AT ALL play one of these games and ALL the rest like it seem like expantions !

skater4evr5 said:
This is a video GAME.. weird looks more like a starcraft (CHORE) game.

And yes all of these games seem ALLLLL THE SAME !! like a chore that is very very boring just play starcraft and close your eyes and image different player models and whhala all the same game... No story AT ALL play one of these games and ALL the rest like it seem like expantions !

If tactics and strategy does not appel to you then its yor choice...

Besides it is VERY different from starcraft.

Pressure said:
I wanna try all the different races! All I've gotten to play is the space marines and even then I didn't get to use all the units. What's the Waaagh counter for on the orc's side?

If you don't have enough "Waaagh" you can't recruit more orcs. So you gotta keep building Waaagh banners.. :hmph:

Yea I think it is more like WC3 than starcraft. In fact I was surprised at just how similar it is. But I like this better as it doesn't seem to rely quite as heavily on a hero. Besides Orkz>Elves anyday.

Meh Not interested till they have the Imperial Guard.

Venmoch said:
Meh Not interested till they have the Imperial Guard.

It's said that they do have it in the beginning of the SP campaign. :afro:

...and seriously, get the game if you're even remotely interested in RTS games.

Or the squiggoth will will lick you.

DoW0113.JPG

Back