Pre-Load Codename Gordon NOW via Steam

Trying to Pre-load caused steam to crash, now it wont open without crashing in steam.dll, tried removing and getting a fresh copy but it still happens.

ComradeBadger said:
G0rgon, you'll need Steam to play HL2.

Anyway, pre-loaded :)

NO, you will not. Why does it say staff... You should know better then to give faulty information.

Edit: Above guy, go ro Run, run SFC, check your files.

DreamWraith said:
yes. that is what he was responding to. the question of when it would go live.

thus, we will be able to play within a couple days.
well.... doesn't look like 'couple days' is accurate. mother ****ing pricks. always late.

DreamWraith said:
well.... doesn't look like 'couple days' is accurate. mother ****ing pricks. always late.

You people bitch when we don't have a date, and then you bitch when you perceive the date isn't met, even when it's far too vague to be interpreted accurately. Unbelievable.

Wait, I take that back... entirely believable.

Dead-Inside said:
NO, you will not. Why does it say staff... You should know better then to give faulty information.
Ha ha ha.10char

Dead-Inside said:

Edit: Above guy, go ro Run, run SFC, check your files.
Actually... yeah... you do need Steam... it'll install it automatically if you don't already have it...

My theory on why we have to wait:
VALVe is waiting a few days to make sure everyone has it. After everyone has it some people will try to crack the encryption to play it early. If no one breaks the encryption they will use it on HL2 during pre-loading.

Thats a Valve "today".

besides today is over in the Uk.

time for bed.... must go cycling again tommorow and my arse is killing me....

80Km with no padding on a off road course hurts, like a bitch.

Back