Pre-load unlocked on 8-18 at 6:30 p.m pacific

A

AlphaInfinity

The subject sais it all, so quit making new topics asking when the pre-load gets unlocked!

You already posted this in a thread. Where is the source, I want to know.

didnt the cyber cafe's get unlocked at 3pm pacific time

I'm tired of getting bsed by people, that's why I want a source.

[EDIT]
------
Latest CS:Source News

Thats old news. Therefore this thread is bullcrap, because its no official news from VALVe.

the only real clue we have is when cs: s opened for internet cafe's it was around 6:30

without a valid source this like all other threads stating times is bogus

So the cafe's got the beta at 6:30 p.m. on a particular day... so what? This doesn't mean that for some reason, Valve always releases betas at 6:30 p.m. on the opening date. And it doesn't really matter; they said it would be playable on Wednesday the 18th, so we can expect that they will keep their word, and that it will be unlocked between now and the end of the day. That's enough information for me, I'm gonna be at my computer for the entire time anyway, with Steam running, so I'll know as soon as it's open.

I claim it will be unlocked at: 9:00 GNZ +4/3 Atlantic Time

Dalamari said:
I say 3pm valve time.

That seems to be the popular notion, 3pm PST (which is 6pm EST for me in North Carolina) either way, this weekend is going to be one in which my girlfriend hates me. "Get away from the computer!"

Look at the steam status page. The lowest point on the graph is around 6pm Vavle time. That's when the most bandwith is available.

Check right here:
http://www.steampowered.com/status/status.html

Lowest point = 6pm

there, that's why they've been releasing almost all their releases around 6. Get it? Do you? DO YOU?!!!

I WANT TO PLAY DAMMIT! I'm losing my mind here. The same posts over and over on every damn website. Why?! Why?!

(there, you see, acting like this makes you sound stupid, even if you're not, but that doesn't apply to you, I mean the part about not being, of course)

its 12:40pm in Seatle right now, and the time in New Zealand is 7:40am means 5 hours and 50 mins left
thats about 1:30pm 19th Thursday in New Zealand, cuz your 6:30pm 18th Wednesday Pacific Time, you guys are -8:00, and New Zealand is +12:00

Sasuke said:
So the cafe's got the beta at 6:30 p.m. on a particular day... so what? This doesn't mean that for some reason, Valve always releases betas at 6:30 p.m. on the opening date. And it doesn't really matter; they said it would be playable on Wednesday the 18th, so we can expect that they will keep their word, and that it will be unlocked between now and the end of the day. That's enough information for me, I'm gonna be at my computer for the entire time anyway, with Steam running, so I'll know as soon as it's open.

we started preload a little after 6pm PST, I know you're eager for it but don't fool yourself :naughty:

update from Gabe @HL2 Fallout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick update:

- ATI/CZ users will get turned on later tonight for the CS: Source test

- An update will be out today as well. This is largish (~60 MB).

- The size of the update is due to the Video Stress Test it includes. You'll be able to do some initial performance analysis using this test and report the data back to a central server. The results of the VST will be posted on Steampowered.com.

- HL/2 pre-load will begin tomorrow. It was ready yesterday, but we decided to use the bandwidth to get out the VST first since I get pelted with zillions of questions from people asking how their PC will run Half-Life 2.

There we go folks....it might even be later than 6:30 now because of this new update. Maybe in the future you will LISTEN when I say its going to be a late day release. Nuff Said.

How long have the steam forums been down? Reason I ask is because about 30 to 45 min before the preload they went down.

Phraxtion said:
How long have the steam forums been down? Reason I ask is because about 30 to 45 min before the preload they went down.

They went down pretty early this morning. According to the other threads.

They had a network outage around 4:30 pacific, according to the steam graphs anyways. I imagine that this is probably when the forums went down as well.

TST_Devgru Seal said:
They went down pretty early this morning. According to the other threads.

Ah.. been at work all day and wasent sure. Thanks though, guess ill just assume its going to be released at the same time the preload was.

Yeah, most likely it will be. Estimations are occuring anywhere from 3 PM Pacific to 6 PM Pacific, I think.

Its going to be later than 6 p.m. Gabe said later in the evening, so that rules out the afternoon.

Looks like 7 p.m. Off by 30 minutes. All the haters out there flamed me LOL.

Back