Pre-purchase Orange Box at Gamestop, Get TF2 Beta

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Valve and Gamestop today announce that the Orange Box is available at Gamestop retail outlets for pre-purchase. Like with Steam, if you pre-purchase the package at these stores, you will receive a key-code that will allow you to participate in the Team Fortress 2 beta before the game's official release on October 10th.
Starting immediately, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box for PC at any GameStop
retail store in the US will receive a key-code and instructions to download and
activate the beta release of Team Fortress 2 from Steam. The beta will conclude with
the release of The Orange Box on October 10th. This year's most anticipated online
action game, Team Fortress 2 delivers new game types, a signature art style powered
by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and
more.
To view the entire press release, click here.

VALVE AND GAMESTOP ANNOUNCE PRE-PURCHASE PROGRAM FOR THE ORANGE BOX

Pre-Purchase The Orange Box for Special Price and Join the Team Fortress 2 Beta Now

September 24, 2007 - Valve and GameStop today announced that those who pre-purchase
the PC edition of The Orange Box at GameStop, the world's largest video game and
entertainment software retailer, before October 10th will save 10% off the regular
price and gain access to the beta version of Team Fortress 2 for the PC.

The Orange Box, penned by IGN as ".the package which could legitimately be called
the deal of the century," features three highly-awaited new games by Valve:
Half-Life® 2: Episode Two, the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic
trilogy; Team Fortress® 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer
team warfare on the map; and Portal, the game that blends puzzles, first person
action, and adventure gaming to produce an experience like no other.

To bring gamers up to date with the Half-Life 2 universe, The Orange Box also
includes Half-Life 2, the best-selling and highest-rated action game series of all
time, and the episodic debut Half-Life® 2: Episode One-together, more than 30 hours
of award-winning gameplay. Customers who already own these titles will have the
ability to conveniently "gift" them to a friend upon official release of The Orange
Box.

Starting immediately, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box for PC at any GameStop
retail store in the US will receive a key-code and instructions to download and
activate the beta release of Team Fortress 2 from Steam. The beta will conclude with
the release of The Orange Box on October 10th. This year's most anticipated online
action game, Team Fortress 2 delivers new game types, a signature art style powered
by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and
more.

The Orange Box will have a suggested retail price of $49.95 on the PC and $59.95 on
the Xbox® 360 and Playstation® 3 console systems. The 10% pre-purchase discount also
applies to all three versions at GameStop and participating retail outlets.

For more information about The Orange Box, please visit www.steamgames.com.

About Valve
Valve is an entertainment software and technology company founded in 1996 and based
in Bellevue, Washington. The company's portfolio of entertainment properties
includes Half-Life®, Counter-Strike®, Day of Defeat®, Team Fortress® and PortalTM.
Valve's catalog of products accounts for over 20 million retail units sold
worldwide, and over 80% of PC online action gameplay. In addition, Valve is a
developer of leading-edge technologies, such as the Source® game engine and Steam®,
a broadband platform for the delivery and management of digital content. For more
information, please visit www.valvesoftware.com.

About GameStop
Headquartered in Grapevine, TX, GameStop Corp. is the world's largest video game and
entertainment software retailer. The company operates 4,954 retail stores across the
United States and in sixteen countries worldwide. The company also operates two
e-commerce sites, GameStop.com and EBgames.com, and publishes Game Informer(R)
magazine, a leading multi-platform video game publication. GameStop Corp. sells new
and used video game software, hardware and accessories for next generation video
game systems from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. In addition, the company sells PC
entertainment software, related accessories and other merchandise. General
information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website:
http://www.gamestop.com/corporate.

This is great news. Now people who don't have credit cards can get backstab'd by me!

No credit card. Check.
No Gamestop stores on my continent. Check.

Oh snap! Great move Valve and Gamestop! :cheese: Oh and to unfocused: "You forgot Poland. -George Bush" lol

OMFG!!! WOW!! 1337!! Imma pre-purchase my beautiful copy of The Orange Box at my local GameStop tomorrow!!!!! I wish that I have at least $50 in my Paypal account to buy the beautiful Orange Box through Steam. D: BUT HEY!!! I can now hold the beautiful Orange Box in my hands, hug it, and cherish it for eternity!!!! AND OMG!! I will treasure that key-code for all my life!! =D I should've pre-purchase at Gamestop much sooner!! :\ My headshot rampage in Team Fortress 2 beta is not far away now. >=D Thank u so much VALVe!!! 1337 EPIC WIN!!

Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, Team Fortress 2 here I come!! =D

*Gather $50 from drawer*

OMFG!!! WOW!! 1337!! Imma pre-purchase my beautiful copy of The Orange Box at my local GameStop tomorrow!!!!! I wish that I have at least $50 in my Paypal account to buy the beautiful Orange Box through Steam. D: BUT HEY!!! I can now hold the beautiful Orange Box in my hands, hug it, and cherish it for eternity!!!! AND OMG!! I will treasure that key-code for all my life!! =D I should've pre-purchase at Gamestop much sooner!! :\ My headshot rampage in Team Fortress 2 beta is not far away now. >=D Thank u so much VALVe!!! 1337 EPIC WIN!!

*Gather $50 from drawer*

Is that infectious? *backs away*

*Gather $50 from drawer*
Well they made one fan happy! :p Glad to hear it enjoy the beta (which I'm sure you will)!

Meh, bummer they can't just release a TF2 trial(maybe a 6 day thing or something) for free so we can try before we buy/pre-purchase.

:( This is good news for Valve but i would have liked to have my box with the TF2 beta. Good for Valve tho, i dont mind.

Wish I knew this was happening before, could've got it in a box AND play the beta. No big loss though, nice for all the people who were missing out but dont have access to a credit card. Unless you live in Poland. Then your screwed.

This is awesome, but unfortunately 1) I have no money :( and 2) I live in Canada and the only thing remotely GameStop in my area is EB Games. O well I guess I can wait.

Wish I knew this was happening before, could've got it in a box AND play the beta. No big loss though, nice for all the people who were missing out but dont have access to a credit card. Unless you live in Poland. Then your screwed.

Or anywhere else than the US :p

Isn't EB owned by Gamestop? It'd make sense that EB would offer this as well. I'll ask about this when I stop by there today.

Isn't EB owned by Gamestop? It'd make sense that EB would offer this as well. I'll ask about this when I stop by there today.

They are--it's like when CVS bought Eckerd pharmacy--the Eckerd's were CVS's whether the sign said it or not (if you have no idea what I'm talking about then just believe me. :-D).

:)

Back