Prefabs not showing up in SDK

Prone

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've started working on a little 2vs2 map and Hammer is running nicely. Only (and it's a big problem for me) the prefabs list is empty, i.e. I can't insert anything like chairs or stuff.

Has anyone had that error? I've done all strictly from the manual and all the rest works (blocks, clipping, lighting etc.)...

Please, I'd really like to get to work properly..

Thanks for your help,
P

Using the entity tool, select 'prop_physics', 'prop_physics_clientside', prop_static', etc (depends on whether you want the object physically simulated or not). Add it to your level, right click and go to properties, from there you can select the world model, etc.

At least, that's how I've been doing it; I only started mapping yesterday, so there's probably an easier way to do it.

If you want the type that bounce you off like in the official maps, it's prop_physics_multiplayer.

Ive got them to show up fine in hammer though they didnt appear inside the test version of the map,any idea's why?

In cs:s the physics arent always the same on everyones computer. If someone blows a table in half, computer off a desk etc... the pieces land in different places on other peoples computers.
Is there any way (yes I know, major network traffic) to make it so the physics work the same on everyones computer?(things look the same) or is that all determined server side with physics commands?

Just curious...

is it just me... or did they not include the watermellon in the props.... they only have oranges and bannana's... :(

I don't think there are any prefabs. This is because a prefab is done using level geomtry and if you've got several chairs all looking the same all made out of level geometry you've got redundant data. That's why you've got stuff like prop_static, it means Source only has to load one copy of your chair model into memory and then can use it multiple times.

Correct Monder. While pre-fabs used to include models, they are only around for level geometry now.

The fruit is in Props > cs_italy. It's prop_physics_multiplayer for serverside physics objects. :)

does anyone know how to make gravity effect objects in servers? ive joined a few cs:source servers where the objects are effected by gravity... whats the command? I cant find it anywhere !!

Monder said:
I don't think there are any prefabs. This is because a prefab is done using level geomtry and if you've got several chairs all looking the same all made out of level geometry you've got redundant data. That's why you've got stuff like prop_static, it means Source only has to load one copy of your chair model into memory and then can use it multiple times.

Valve said that there will be a prefab database for HL2 where you can select stuff like building so you don't have to mess around with building them but you'll just place them.

Griever said:
Using the entity tool, select 'prop_physics', 'prop_physics_clientside', prop_static', etc (depends on whether you want the object physically simulated or not). Add it to your level, right click and go to properties, from there you can select the world model, etc.

At least, that's how I've been doing it; I only started mapping yesterday, so there's probably an easier way to do it.

Im trying to create a table with a computer on it, using the method abow to insert a table and computer. When im running the map only the table appear, but when i shoot where the computer suppose to be, it also appears. Whats wrong?

Back