Preload 8

coZ

Reaction score
So is there going to be one last preload today or is hl2 finally ready for activation...?

That big drop in the status page looks like something big... a preload today + activation files for tomorrow? I wish VALVe would comment on the Steam activity... :thumbs:

I don't think so since retail copies have everything that has been loaded so far. I mean if there was much more it would have been in the retail copies.

I don't think there's anything to download because Valve made the backup option so that can people can start backup their HL2 copy.

It wouldn't make sense if we'd back up only 98% of the game!

Possibly, but I doubt it. I think they are just getting ready for all of those who haven't preloaded at all, and for the millions of activations happening tomorrow. I think they'd rather have all of the bandwith available today so they don't have to bother with making that phone call so late tomorrow.

x2501x said:
I don't think so since retail copies have everything that has been loaded so far. I mean if there was much more it would have been in the retail copies.
thanks...

what big drop on the status page?

methinks its all done, just get the an activation string on tuesday, they'll probably want minimum bandwidth usage per activation as possible.

The "big drop" happened when Valve added more servers to their system and data had to be copied over to the new servers.

What I want to know is if backing up now will be any different from doing it after activation. I mean, would there be a few more files included after?

x2501x said:
What I want to know is if backing up now will be any different from doing it after activation. I mean, would there be a few more files included after?

I was asking myself the same question ... and I think you can back it up, but ... one is never sure 100% :naughty:

Back