preorder or take a bus ride?

M

MbayAQ

I'm tryinig to decide whether I should preorder HL2 or plan to take a 20 min bus ride to the local Fry's Electronics. I can preorder HL2 from Compusa online and get overnight shipping for a penny, or a bus ride. The thing I'm worried about is, I really want the game on the day it comes out. Does Fry's have a good reputation for stocking a lot of a certain game on the day it comes out? I don't wanna go all the way there just to find out they are out of stock. Thanks.

yeah can someone give a site that realy brings us the game the day its out here in the stores?

and thay can deliver the game to us the day its in the store? would be great if we had some garantee.

(again srry for bad english )

shadow stalker did you order it from them via the halflife2.net link for £24.99?

They are the best place in the UK for games imo.

Where to buy half-life 2 in the Netherlands or Europa?
It would be great if you need no credit card! Does anyone knows one?

I preordered mine (for free) from Game - the UK street retailer - last time I went in they had pushed HL2 to Nov on the release board, but I guess that doesnt apply any more given the recent news today

I know a dood who works in a computer game shop. I'll be getting mine few days early when he gets the stock in. :D

Originally posted by Kamakiri
I know a dood who works in a computer game shop. I'll be getting mine few days early when he gets the stock in. :D
umm.....err......ummm....hmmmm.....twat!!

im gonna head down to a game store right now and get "friendly" with some employee:thumbs:

no, Munro, i had already ordered it :'( BUT they are still really good prices imo... but will they deliver on the day? thats what im woried abbout.. being its my birthday.. i would greatly apreciated if it did come that day.. :)

Cancel the order then order it through the halflife2.net link to get a better saving :) And it will come on the release date.

ok, cheers will do... i u 100% sure it will come on the day... sorry ... but it would be so great if it did...

i'm in america, and no one has really addressed my question either....

take the damn bus, or get a friend to drive you. There's no way to beat going to the store if you want it as early as possible. Now, if you have no legs, you might want to preorder from somewhere.

Get the freaking bus!!!!!. I'm taking the day off on the 30th!.:cheese:

should do as they post it a couple of days early but to make certain go for the 99p first class postage.

take the bus and get it from the shop, then u can get the special edition in the tin + a surprise gift!!!

OR

download it via steam the second it comes out!

so does that mean if we ordered it, form gameplay.com for instance, then we wont get the special edtion? goddamn it... *cries*

When I preorderd Enter the Matrix from gameplay.co.uk the game arrived at my house the day before it was available in the shops, so I'd say its good to order through them.

I've preordered from Ukgames.com, has anyone else preordered anything from there before? Are they any good? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to skip school on the 30th, but I don't want to miss school and not have it arrive till 3 days later.

Gameplay.co.uk

I just ordered mine 5 mins ago, it's so cheap: 30.99 british pounds = 44.78 euros

It's because I live in France, extra shipping costs 4 pounds for "outsiders" lol but it's still worth it. I'm betting the cost in France will be something between 55 and 60 euros.

EDIT: It still hasn't shown up on the order tracking page thats odd.

Amazon UK has an offer for £24.99, with free delivery: one for all those pre-order people. I ordered mine from there a few weeks ago now.

free delivery for UK residents.. same applies to gameplay.co.uk

Edit: I checked Amazon FR and this is their price "EUR 47,90" with free shipping, still higher than ordering it from the UK, and at least I'm sure the game is in english all the way.

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
free delivery for UK residents.. same applies to gameplay.co.uk

Edit: I checked Amazon FR and this is their price "EUR 47,90" with free shipping, still higher than ordering it from the UK, and at least I'm sure the game is in english all the way.
but will it arrive on the day it's released? or will it take a day or 2? i can't see it getting to u on the 30th. but what do i know about international shipping>>>>>nothing:x

If released on the 30th of September I will probably receive it around the 10th of October.

Originally posted by MbayAQ
I'm tryinig to decide whether I should preorder HL2 or plan to take a 20 min bus ride to the local Fry's Electronics. I can preorder HL2 from Compusa online and get overnight shipping for a penny, or a bus ride. The thing I'm worried about is, I really want the game on the day it comes out. Does Fry's have a good reputation for stocking a lot of a certain game on the day it comes out? I don't wanna go all the way there just to find out they are out of stock. Thanks.

bus ride.

good things tend to happen when you go outside of your house ;) like meeting women, on the bus...

Back