Preventing map from showing the map?

Freelancer

Reaction score
I got a skybox but if you look through it you will see the map.
Is there a way to prevent map from being seen when you look at the skybox?

Make sure that you place the skybox so that your map cannot be seen fromt the skybox_camera

Above i find is nice because even if the skycam does see a part of the map then that will be displayed (in the real skybox) way under your map, and noone sees that anyway.

But there should be a way. what if the player flyes up to the sky and screams "Eeek map in the sky cool lawl"

Then your player is an idiot.

Wherever you place yous skybox, the player can ALWAYS noclip to it.

Unarmed said:
Then your player is an idiot.
That seems to be relatively common, especially on overwatch.

If you really, for whatever depraved reason, want to prevent players from getting into your 3D skybox, place a teleporter in it. Then they can only access the skybox by disabling the teleporter on a cheats-enabled server.

Whaat? You changed subject, no no no I mean if you stand on the ground and look up you will see corridors and shit. The skybox isn't blocking them to be seen

try putting it under your map instead?

a screenshot of what you're talking about would be nice as well.

Place your skybox abover your map. All should be fine.

Yours is most likeley under the map now, yes?

So you say I should add lots and lots of hours of work to make new corridors to move it above? :|

I've had this problem, you wander to the edge of a map and see the same map under the world. put the skybox above your map,make it smaller than your map and put the skycamera on the ground of your skybox.

You have a skybox, yes?
You have a map also, yes?

Move things about so that skyboxs is above map. Done. No new stuff.

Not many (if any) know what I speak of, here is a screenshot, sorry for not posting screenshot before.

hallofdoom6outerwork200008fn.jpg

This is a confusing thread. Are you using a 3-D skybox, or not? Do you have a skycamera entity inside your map? I can't tell what I'm supposed to be seeing here. It almost looks like you have noclipped yourself above your map to get this shot.

Oh, wait. You're seeing the map through the sky brushes. That's a horse of a different muffler.

Take a screenshot from that position in Hammer and post it here.

Back