Price drops by christmas?

barnacle

Reaction score
How much do you think the price of the....

FX-53 will drop....
9800 pro will drop.....
x800 xt pe will drop.....

by christmas?

FX-53 maybe but if it does not much seeing as when the 55 comes out the 53's won't be made anymore making them rarer. 9800 pro no, price has dropped a ton and they probably won't be made soon with the x700 and 6600GT, so the price will stay or rise a little. X800XT PE yes because of the new ones coming out like the 512mb ones.

Kinda off topic but: Is it really hard to install a graphics card? cause maybe ill buy an X800 this christmas and i want to know if its do-able by a beginner...

I think a graphics card is easy to install. It is the second component I've ever installed. The hardware portion is simple as removing the old one from the agp slot and then putting the new one. I don't believe there are any jumpers to set so you should be good. The software portion could get you into trouble if you screw up installing the drivers.

Also, I think that I heard that ATI and Nvidia weren't releasing any new flagship graphics card before the end of the year. I think this is attributed to the low yields of the current models (x800 xt pe and 6800 Ultra). Also, I think that the companies believe that they haven't milked enough money out of people with the current line.

I'm kinda bummed that the 9800 Pro's have hardley dropped in price since the X600, X800's, 6800's came out :(

The 9800 Pro will start increasing in price because they will be discontinued soon.

The FX 53 will be impossible to find since it will be replaced by the FX 55.

The X800 XT PE will still be incredibly expensive and difficult to find.

On a side note, ATI is doing a PCI Express only update on its high end cards during the 4th Quarter. Also, no 512 MB cards this year kiddies.

http://theinquirer.net/?article=18907

blahblahblah said:
The 9800 Pro will start increasing in price because they will be discontinued soon.

The FX 53 will be impossible to find since it will be replaced by the FX 55.

The X800 XT PE will still be incredibly expensive and difficult to find.

On a side note, ATI is doing a PCI Express only update on its high end cards during the 4th Quarter. Also, no 512 MB cards this year kiddies.

http://theinquirer.net/?article=18907
Yep

The 9800 Pro didn't drop anymore is because it has dropped so much (from 400$) plus there is no where for it to go. The 9600XT is right below it for pricing and the 9800Pro/XT 256MB and X800 cards are right above it. It's balanced and everyone knows its a good card so it still sells and sells.

I can still find fx-51's. If you can find an FX-53 when the 55's are out it should be about 10-20% less then the MSRP because they are not in production anymore and everyone is going to want a 55 instead.

how much will FX 55 cost, when exactly is it coming out?
I was planning to buy the FX 53 when the FX 55 came out, so the price would drop.

I thought it was around $830 but AMD's website lists the fx-53 as $900. The 3500 is supposed to drop in price again which is buy far the best buy right now IMO. The athlon 3000 socket 939 looks like it will be a good buy also.

Well I think newegg or pricewatch has FX-53's for $830 now yeah but the MRSP for the FX series is $900.

Back