prices

A

aznwarlordboi

i dunno if this is already answered but how much will hl2 cost and the collecter edition and the rest? :D o nvm

Also what will the STEAM prices be?I believe Valve said recently they recieve approximately 2.5 times more money from STEAM sales than retail box sales.If so what incentives are there for consumers to buy HL2 off STEAM?

I'd like to have the box,and CD's/DVD of the game.If the STEAM price for HL2 reflects no savings over retail boxes why would anyone buy off STEAM?

Right now CZ is still going for $39.99 on STEAM,and copies of CZ are selling almost everywhere for around $20.00.

VALVe if your reading this
"Make me want to buy HL2 and other VALVe products over STEAM"

charybdis umm i dont understand pounds to american money

what about hl2 multi though, and all the mods, like NS, Sven, and the ever lovable Stargate!(not really sg)

wayne white said:
im buying the single player onlt...i dont want to play cs again.
well thats crap, later u get the point that hl2 multiplayer is so wonderful that u really want it and then u have to buy it again :) ah and u dont need to buy cs its just a mod.

wayne, you realize the high price (if there is one) is made up for by all the mods that come out, right??

I'd frankly pay anything sub-$100 to play HL2. But I'll probably get it on Steam anyway.

Man, I've posted this so many times, but have yet to receive a satisfactory response, including emails to Valve. When are they going to tell us the Steam pricing and incentive structure? That is crazy about the cost of CZ on Steam. I hadn't heard that. No one in their right mind would pay over the instore retail price for anything. HL2 thru Steam needs to be both cheaper and include something somehow to make up for the lack of discs and box. Why would anyone pay more for less? Steam will fail as a retail outlet if there is no advantage to buy from it.

Back