Prima Guide HL2 Preview

I'm tempted to say that this is from "Raising the Bar" and not the Prima guide.

Gah, I want the prima guide NOW so I have something to do until release :(

"This mid-point in the Helicopter design cycle had the Combine reinterpret human technology to fit their own sensibilities."

I guess this clears up the question of weather or not the Combine are human.

DeltaBlast said:
Now the main question is; Is this from the strategy guide or raising the bar?

The scans are from Raising the Bar and are a good indication of the format of the book as a whole.

Also note that David Hodgson is no longer the author, as any narrative detailing logistics has been dropped in favor of a more in depth "behind the scenes, making of" narrative straight from Valve developers.

Cliffe
VALVe

that book looks incredible. nice work. i only wish it was included in the gold package, instead of the strat guide.

i dont mean to sound arrogran, but i love listening to other languages, they do sound funny. I mean i speak welsh and english..but still find it funny to hear other languages.. lol!!!

mi carason (or something) DOUG LOMBARDI!! lol

roooooooofl the funniest interview ever!

just loved how gabe said: HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooo

Gabe looks very big in that video. Hope he takes care of himself better.

cliffe said:
Also note that David Hodgson is no longer the author, as any narrative detailing logistics has been dropped in favor of a more in depth "behind the scenes, making of" narrative straight from Valve developers.

Just like how HL2's multiplayer was dropped in favor of CS:S?

I know I shouldn't complain (I was actually quoted by the Great Cliffe! ^_^ wheee!), but it sounds a bit weird that just all of Hodgson's work is dropped. In some interview with the guy he told us how much work he put in it and whatnot, and it seems to me you don't just drop that...

Or did he reveal stuff that you guys didn't want us to know? :devil:

edit: http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=25999 that was the interview I mentioned. It looks like the guy put a lot of time and effort in it...

Back