Problem registering HL2 Cd-Key (ATI coupon)

Sparta

Reaction score
Ok i just got a HL2 coupon in the mail, i scratched the silver thing and it revealed the CD key for HL2. One problem, because i already have an account on Steam how do i go about adding another CD Key or changing the current one?

Make a new staem account, or wait until HL2 comes out

You can't put in the ATI keys yet, since there is no HL2 on steam yet.

MaxiKana said:
You can't put in the ATI keys yet, since there is no HL2 on steam yet.

I'm totally new to steam. I just put the # from my ati card in tonight and I have access to the entire premier pack.

I registered a new account and that worked. I got the whole Valve Premier Pack available for me to download, and from this i gather that once HL2 is available or close to completion it will appear on my Available Games/Coming Soon list

Sparta said:
I registered a new account and that worked. I got the whole Valve Premier Pack available for me to download, and from this i gather that once HL2 is available or close to completion it will appear on my Available Games/Coming Soon list

Thats the conclusion that I have come to upon doing some research about my coupon. The thing is, I want the boxed version, I don't want to pay for delivery or wait 4-6 weeks for it to arrive. If I were to sell my coupon to a friend, would they be able to download the game safely enough?

(before anyone asks, I haven't scratched anything off, the coupon is completely new)

- Rozza

Rozza.. if you have scratched anything off or entered anything into Steam then it would work fine for your friend :)

[AUS]-TheOne said:
Rozza.. if you have scratched anything off or entered anything into Steam then it would work fine for your friend :)

Nah, I'm not that much of a bad person... I mean, this is Half Life 2 we're talking about here. You gotter play by the books.

- Rozzer

yeah don't worry about it, i use steam with my old hl key AND my coupon key. but i'm also getting a boxed version.

Back