Problems Configuring Hammer

nightwolf41

Reaction score
hey, I just downloaded SDK and did the stuff i needed to do to get Hammer. As i opened the program a message said i needed to configure Hammer. Not knowing that there was a document that tells you how to, i tried to configure it myself. when i was done it didn't work then i found the document explaining what to do. So now every time i open up Hammer to do it a message appears and says that a problem has occered, then shuts down the program. what can i do to stop this from happening so I can enter the correct configurations? Please help!

Agreed, re-install it. You shouldn't have to fiddle with Hammer atall, when I downloaded it, it started up with all the correct settings. Course if you were trying to get it working with HL2, then thats more a hack and it can't/won't work properly, the full one next week will have everything you need aswell as be setup to work with HL2 aswell as CS:S, also possible it'll have the HL1:S fgd file too, so people can screw around with HL1:S stuff.

Hey,

If the message you are getting when u start hammer is something to do with gametxt.something.. DONT click ok to that message just goto tools (on the menu bar) and then options.. you will be able to change the configuration in there

Hopefully that will eliviate the need for a reinstall.!!

HTH

Dave

Is there a way you can just uninstall Hammer by itself because otherwise i have to get rid of the SDK.

Back