Project Natal: Peter Molenuex talks out of his ass some more

This would be so perfect for japanese dating games.

Except they'd be about 800 times harder.

I'm sure the Natal thing will pick up movements and recognize you just fine but I have hard time believing that you can actually hold a conversation with a character like that. That part I feel is way out of the scope of this tech.

It's one thing to use voice commands for simple things, but an entirely different thing for the console to actually recognize your speech and respond in a non-predetermined way. I don't know why they thought they should demo something like that.

I'm sure the Natal thing will pick up movements and recognize you just fine but I have hard time believing that you can actually hold a conversation with a character like that. That part I feel is way out of the scope of this tech.

It's one thing to use voice commands for simple things, but an entirely different thing for the console to actually recognize your speech and respond in a non-predetermined way. I don't know why they thought they should demo something like that.

Again, I want to stress, its Peter Molenuex here. Why wouldn't he do something so stupid and hyped?

Seriously how are they going to market this??

Who will actually sit down in front of a 360 and think "nah i'm not in the mood to play halo, gears, call of duty etc. I want to talk to a 10 year old :D"

Who will actually sit down in front of a 360 and think "nah i'm not in the mood to play halo, gears, call of duty etc. I want to talk to a 10 year old :D"

Is this a serious question.

um....yeah. I just can't see this game having that much success o_O

talking to a kid with a funny accent.

this is stupid and i hope it burns.

Seriously how are they going to market this??

Seaman?

If there are people out there who bought this game just to interact with freakin man-fish, then I don't see why people wouldn't buy this one.

Well that wasn't rehersed one bit /sarcasm
What?

It's just annoying when people [try to] insult Vegeta and they don't know the first thing.

I don't believe he is really new here either, which I also find annoying. Like: hey, I'm the snarky, cool and mysterious new guy who knows things about you.

Over all, fairly annoyed.

Don't even try and hide it Veggies.

WHO AHH YOU?

I appreciate the thought Virus, but dun worry about me.

And I'm pretty sure Mortiz was talking about the video.

Edit: Thanks to some help from Pi I think I know who it is.

Edit 2: lulz. Yes that was him all right.

Seaman?

If there are people out there who bought this game just to interact with freakin man-fish, then I don't see why people wouldn't buy this one.

*checks wiki*

Wow, okay i'd never heard of it but I suppose the same logic could apply to this :|

How does this thing do any kind of accurate depth perception other than the software and IR guessing?

It seems like an updated Eye Toy or something to me. Not as interesting as Motionplus and the Sony wand thingy.

I proudly piss all over Natal. I've got nothing against the technology, it's them trying to use it in games that aggravates me. Games with any sort of depth need buttons, that's why the Wii still sort-of works. The only way Natal will work for anything other than dancing games is if they release a controller with it, and then it's not much more than the Wiimote or the PS3 Wand. I'll swallow rusty razorblades before I ever buy this Milo tripe.

"Claire actually *knew* Milo well enough to know he hadn't finished his homework, his head was down, his shoulders slumped."
My god, a woman who can pick up on animated body language. I can't believe how far we've progressed.

"Everyone who's tried this has felt the urge to pick up goggles."
Everyone who's tried this have clearly felt the urge to humour you.

Even if this was amazingly interactive, even if it was an extremely advanced piece of AI, even if the facial recognition and movement tracking was state of the ****ing art, Milo would still be limited to pre-recorded dialogue, so it would still be shit! Also, it's Peter Molyneux, so it's all lies.

I'm not too sure why the hate for PM. The only time he's really overblown a game was back in the early days before Fable 1 came out, and he learn't his lesson then (and that was before the game shipped in 2004). From what I've seen Fable 2 delivers on everything that was promised.

This isn't a 'game' he is demonstrating, its merely a proof of concept of how you could take advantage of the new tech MS is developing for the 360. Whiners need to comprehend what they are witnessing before posting in future. :dozey:

Like I've mentioned before, I quite like Pete. If nothing else because he's quite possibly the most skilled troll to have ever graced the industry. Seriously, nobody has provided a better scapegoat or as robust and plentiful source of nerdrage than ol' Molyneux. Love him.

Imo as interesting and user friendly that the tech might be, Sony's motion sensing tech definately has more scope for practical application to all types of present games.

Full body interaction makes no sense to me, unless I'm standing on a holodeck or in a proper virtual environment with a headset, rather than just staring at a screen. Besides, the 'wow thats neat, he moves the same way as me' factor, would wear off in next to no time flat.

Back