prop_physics_respawnable + some other questions

SuperHebbe

Reaction score
Hi..

My first message on this forum.. Please be gentle with me :p

Question 1:
First: With prop_physics_respawnable used with xploding barrels. When I shoot the barrel with the pistol the barrel goes into flames before exploding, but after respawning it explodes on the first shot, no flames :( Anyone?

Question 2:
Foliage, some trees get bright with when you see them from some angles, but some trees work fine... Strange :s I use prop_statics...

Question 3:
When people dies in water the ambient water sound doesn't stop and can't use the "run booster :s" anymore :(

Question 4:
Is there a way to kill pepole on special point of the map? the trigger_waterydeath kills, but after some time :(

Question 5:
After testing my map for some time my character starts to act like his on is :S Wont stop when I release the move-key.. And the fps goes down to about 10-15... And sudenly it works fine again.. and so on :(

Thanks for your help :D

SuperHebbe

yeah, got that problem with your question 2 too, its pretty annoying!
(using prop_static...)

1: for explosive items, you have to use a point_template to respawn the barrel when it dies, for some reason.

3: it's Valve's fault, but you could stop it by using a point_servercommand and point_clientcommand to set sv_cheats 1, run stopsound, then set cheats back off.

4: trigger_hurt, point_hurt, ...

Well for the last question it sounds like something is clogging up your ram as time progresses on your map... I'm way too much of a novice mapper to know what would cause it in the world of hammer though.

Back