props are a pain in the ar$e

comradpoplin1

Reaction score
right i got over a little problem i was having with props not showing in my map when loaded i managed to sort that out but now i add a projector to my map and it will not show i have set the fade settings to -1/0 to the respective properties and had them as prop_static/prop_physics/prop_dynamic and still the thing wont show when the map is loaded any one have any thaughts?

Yes, props are a pain in the ar$e. Annoyingly only certain props will show up when set to prop_static and dynamic. Very annoying and one of the worst design decisions ever.

my props wouldnt even show until i set them all to prop_****override - wtf is up with that...not much of an effect but very wierd and was annoying til someone told me to try it...
Yes indeed Props = ar$ed up!!

got the projector to show up and now it isnt projecting i set the animation to default but nothing

I think the projection on the wall is a decal... I'm not sure though I thought I saw the projection when I was browsing through all the decals... might wanna take a look there...

Props work fine for me. The projector light is a light_spot or something. Use one of those and use the input/output tabs to make it turn off when the projector is desproyed. It works great and easily for me!

Prop_phys_override always work, but then if you want to make it so your prop doesnt move like a propstatic, you need to set the weight multiplier to like 100.

you don't have to do that trebhome. just use a prop_dynamic_override, they stay put without any tweaking.

Back