PSP Firmware Update Released

lePobz

Tank
Reaction score
The PSP Firmware update has now been released!

Downloading now, I will post in this thread what the new software is like :)

Sorry, wrong forum section. =). What do the updates have? Getting a PSP tomorrow and can't effing wait!

God, they are so expensive! I'm content with my Nintendo DS. :)

Sorry yeah, can a mod move this to the Games thread when they've got a spare min? ta.

Anyway, about this update... it updates v1.00 to v1.50 which doesnt do a lot on the surface, but adds all european languages to the system, fixes some bugs, and adds extra functionality to video playback and screen resolutions. ... which is nice.

No web browser or chat software just yet, it would seem ...

For those PSP'ers without a wireless network, i've bumped the file here so you can just download it, extract it to the root of your memory stick and start it patching from within the PSP OS (go to the memory stick folder at the far-right of the OS, and select update).

I want a web browser. Any good places to buy memory sticks? Newegg doesn't have any, and I'm not paying $200 for a 1 gig pro duo. Does it have to be a "Gaming" pro duo or just any pro duo?

Vigilante, word on the street says US PSPs ship with v1.50 pre installed :)

Shame about the web browser though, they're definately working on it ... how long can it take though :(

About the memory sticks ... I bought a 512mb sandisk pro duo card off ebay for about £50 (I don't know what that is in USD, probably about 100?)

Typical ... Mods move threads you don't want moving, but as soon as you actually ask for one to move, it stays put ...

Anyway, can any of you Americans that just got PSPs confirm that they shipped with v1.50 of the PSP OS ? Just go to settings/system info/

i really want a psp but i dont know how much they cost alone
I've only been able to find ones that are bundled with games and are about $500
how much are they alone?

mines already has 1.50......can someone tell me how to adjust the headphones plz? My girlfriend had them on and when she took them off she put them down, but when I picked them up the right side is 10inches longer then the left. How do I fix this?

I got mine at xmas (just after the japanese release) so it was an import, was £300 for the complete package (case etc) with Ridge Racers...

£300 is $561 ... but imo it was worth it to be one of the first with the PSP, and also get one of the first PSPs off the production line :)

Apollo 13 said:
mines already has 1.50......can someone tell me how to adjust the headphones plz? My girlfriend had them on and when she took them off she put them down, but when I picked them up the right side is 10inches longer then the left. How do I fix this?
They're supposed to be like that, the right side goes round the back of your neck to your right ear, hence why it's longer.

Hey pobz, what folder do the pics go in? I had to create MP_ROOT and the MUSIC folder in the psp folder to get those to work. Whats the name of the folder for pics and where does it go? thanks

EDIT: nvm figured it out.

lePobz said:
They're supposed to be like that, the right side goes round the back of your neck to your right ear, hence why it's longer.

thx...I was getting really piss off. I was pulling on the round piece trying to get it to go down. I almost went back to EBgames and was about to tell them about my problem....damn I would of looked like a fool.

Wow. Just reading what you guys are posting about downloads, well it does seem like it should be very easy for a virus to go onto a PSP. Thats going to be bad in the future. I think they should add an antivirus to the firmware. Think about it.. You are downloading songs, movies, etc.. Its simple to have a virus in there. Just a thought...

I wish they'd have released some log of what they'd changed.

Just updated my PSP to version 1.50, just a note; you need to have it plugged in to a AC adapter otherwise you'll have to redownload the update and then go through it all again.

azz0r - there is a log of what is changed on the patch installer :)

The photos go in a folder called PSP/PHOTOS or PHOTO something like that. If you use the PSP OS to format the memory card, it should create all the default folders on there for you anyway.

Wheres the patch installer?

Is that the stuff that pops up when its installing cos I skipped through it all.

azz0r said:
Wheres the patch installer?

Is that the stuff that pops up when its installing cos I skipped through it all.
Yep, that's the stuff. Don't worry if you missed it, just go here:

http://www.sonypspworld.com/

Scroll down a bit for the update news, its all listed there. :)

Hazar said:
wow, they're updating already?
Already? it's been 4 months... They're just adding extra languages and a few extra features.

well, seeing as it was just released in the us...

Hazar said:
well, seeing as it was just released in the us...
Like I said, the US release already comes with V1.50 of the software ... all japanese imports (those made over the past 4 months for the japanese market) had v1.00 and have just been patched via the firmware update.

I really like the idea, its almost like Steam, where Sony can just issue an update and add features.

Assuming they add new features and apps itll be great.

azz0r said:
Just updated my PSP to version 1.50, just a note; you need to have it plugged in to a AC adapter otherwise you'll have to redownload the update and then go through it all again.
You didn't have to re-download the update, it was already saved on the memory stick ... you could have just loaded the updater from that (the far-right side of the OS and scroll down to 'Memory Stick'

sell it on ebay and say its the life-saving PSP and that had you not put your PSP if your pocket, the bullet would've most certainly killed you

or try and return it :p

azz0r said:

:( I really feel for you man, that truly sux, see if sony or your local game store will sympathize and do a warranty fix

It was an import, so the game store won't be too local... I guess you could try sending it back to sony for repair, or something... but it'll cost you :(

azz0r said:
Ouch, Dude. That really sucks.

Why is twisted metal head on so effng hard to play online?

One last question, whats the difference between a Memory Stick Pro Duo and a regular duo?

...anyone? whats the difference between a Pro Duo and a Duo

Back