PSP Graphics

Icarusintel said:
nintendo fails again, good job, nintendo, guess sony really does have the upperhand these days

Because it's not an exclusive?

I'll be happy enough with the superior version :) RE4 as it was meant to be played.

Idiots, stop mixing opinion with fact. There is no fact that Zelda and Mario are better than GTA. You'll spend a life time trying to find evidence, only to find that *gasp,* there are none!

In my opinion, the PSP is more apealing to me than the DS. I've played plenty of Mario and Zelda ever since both were 2d, and I just don't like the style. I don't like the flashy, spammy, colors. I like the spread out, realistic looks that most PSP/PS2 games, such as GT3, GTA, RR, and MG have. To me, it's much more immersive. I know the DS will probably have dark, scary, RE games also, but the majority of the games will be the Mario style.

Also, with the battery packs that can be changed in seconds the 3-6 hour battery life is not a problem. IMHO, the single large, 16:9 screen is much better than the two small screens of the DS. If I'm racing, I don't want to take my eyes far away from the track, let alone the screen. I've played the DS, and I must admit, it was a solid and fine console, but the somewhat small screens held back some "pull-in." I haven't played a DS, but I've seen videos of someone playing RR< and it totaly looks kick ass. Big, bright, and sharp. Also, about playing deep immersive games on the PSP: The "small" screen of the PSP is right next to your face, not across the room. My Zodiac has a slightly smaller screen, but when it's 8 inches from my face, It looks like 38" plasma screen that's 10 feet away. The PSP screen will seem even bigger.

I don't dig the specs of the DS. Taking note of the page that compaired the specs of the DS and PSP, you can see why. the PSP has more power in all catigories. And yes, I do believe graphics are important. They aren't as important as gameplay, but can add ALOT of ambience. I'd take the better-than-PS1 graphics of RR on the PSP than RR on the DS any day. I can't explain why, I just do.

I'm not saying the DS is a utter piece of shit. Infact, I hope it does well. I just hope the PSP does better ;P

EDIT: Looking at the DS again, the screen isn't >>that<< small, but the PSP's 16:9 gives it the upper hand to me.

Idiots, stop mixing opinion with fact. There is no fact that Zelda and Mario are better than GTA. You'll spend a life time trying to find evidence, only to find that *gasp,* there are none!
Psst... just because people dont put "in my opinion" before and after everything they said, dosent mean their trying to pass it off as fact.
;)

Ok, it appears i was wrong about the screen size, sue me.

Both DS and PSP have shitty launch titles, so as for games, we're goind to have to wait.

All the launch titles do look kinda bland. Then again, having good launch games has been a problem for Sonys gaming systems all along.

shadow6899 said:
well i'd like to say that the DS just doesn't appease me. that's why im glad their are 2 totally different pieces of hardware. 1 that is trying to innovate and one that is trying to tie everything in together. i'd love to be able to have something portable that can watch movies, play music and games all on one device. plus you have great graphics, and w/ the games sony has exclusive to it im sure it will have great games.

How can you comment on the launch titles when the game isn't even out yet? wait till you get it in your hands, then tell us why you do or do not like the game. PSP just looks like to be the more adult friendly piece of machinery. im not saying the DS is just for kids, but if you can honestly sit their w/ a straight face and say the DS and nintendo period isn't a kids company, then you must not have known nintendo for a long while. i have played MANY games on nintendo's and many games made by nintendo. i love zelda, but i cant say it's a more mature game then gta... why? b/c gta is more mature, it appeals to me, not to the younger me. i probably wouldn't of liked it when i was 9 or 10, but i sure love it now.
But Nintendo isn't for kids. It's universal. Maturity doesn't always mean shooting and killing - in Zelda, maturity comes from logically solving puzzles and working through mindbending dungeons. Just try to give Ocarina of Time to an 8 year old.

GTA is mature in the way that watching freddy movies when you were a kid was mature.

It's certainly no more grown up than Zelda, or the majority of Nintendo titles I can think of. If anything it's more a 'teenagers' game - in a too cool for school, gap jeans, urban street wear kinda way (trying desperately not to show my age here:))

(This isn't a dig at GTA - I love the series :) ... but give credit where credit is due)

Over the weekend I played some Mario Golf/Party/Tennis and Monkey Ball with friends. It was the most enjoyable gaming experience i've had since Dance mats and Samba De Amigo :)

Everyone had fun, including a few females. And that's the thing - a group of late 20s to early 30s adults (all been to uni and work etc) of both genders, playing Nintendo games and having a great time. It encouraged chat, friendly competiton, and simple fun in a way that only Nintendo games can. That's as mature as gaming gets imo ........ and why I want a DS.

The PSP looks great - and will certainly have some good games. Being able to watch movies and listen to music is pretty neat too. But it still doesn't really offer anything I want - who wants to watch movies on a teeny screen?, or use something so bulky to listen to mp3's?? Who wants to play cinematic and epic titles on a handheld? Everything the PSP offers seems to be better suited to the living room - and doesn't focus on what handhelds are good for. imo of course ;)

SUPER SMASH BROS. WAS THE ONLY NINTENDO GAME I LIKE, I ****ing love it, I seriously will buy a DS if they have a DS version of it. Minus the Captian Falcon guy, he was like the AWP in CS. Cool, but utterly lame.

OD-Black_Fire said:
SUPER SMASH BROS. WAS THE ONLY NINTENDO GAME I LIKE, I ****ing love it, I seriously will buy a DS if they have a DS version of it. Minus the Captian Falcon guy, he was like the AWP in CS. Cool, but utterly lame.
There's a game similar to it that's coming out for the DS

only with anime characters, which i'm not sure is a good thing

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
There's a game similar to it that's coming out for the DS

only with anime characters, which i'm not sure is a good thing

You mean Shonen Jump All-Stars (or Jump Super Stars) ........ which looks pretty damn sweet :)

It contains characters from Smash Bros, Dragon Ball, Naruto & One Piece. The fighting seems to be similar to Smash Bros on the GC - but with some 'revolutionary' new features unique to the DS.

Check it out:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/05/news_6109673.html

Screenshot:

http://www.insidegamer.nl/screenshot.php?id=32341

Definately one to keep an eye out for :)

Back