PSU question....

thehunter1320

Reaction score
would a Antec 350 Watt PSU be enuf to run: 1 HD, 2 CD-ROM DRIVES, 1 FLOPPY DRIVE, 4 FANS (POSSIBLE 6 LATER), GeFORCE4 TI4200 (POSSIBLE 9700 PRO LATER), 2400+, and possibly sum other stuff later

Id reccommend 400W or higher. BTW, get a Barton 2500+ over the 2400, it will be a MUCH better choice for the few dollars more it is. And the 9700 pro is gone, get the 9800 non pro.

9700 pro gone? It's one the best cards out there. Just because there's something better doesn't make the card completely obsolete.

Wait. They aren't? When did this happen?

i agree with the 2500+

Antec 350 (truepower, NOT smartpower) should be okay, but i'd reccomend the antec truepower 430 instead

I think hes on a tight budget, and that would be a little too expensive for him.

Yeah but if he plans on expansion, which he does then he should get 400 or higher.

Originally posted by Pagy
i agree with the 2500+

Antec 350 (truepower, NOT smartpower) should be okay, but i'd reccomend the antec truepower 430 instead

Why not the smartpower? whats so much better about truepower?

Because true power is TRUE. While smart power is SMART. Duh..

antec has good rails and its 350 will be more than enough for the specified system.

Originally posted by Mr.B
Why not the smartpower? whats so much better about truepower?
truepower: "Dedicated output circuitry for each voltage output, overcomes the limitations of combined output of traditional design. Get all the power you need when you need it most."
smartpower is just a regular psu.

http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_p_truepw.html

Back