Psy gun and squad commands still in hl2!!

It was to put an end to the "omfg the physgun is in the game"

If people cant control themselves over highlighting some text its not my fault, they could just as easily find the same spoiler on google.

We'd already seen that it wasn't the physgun from the E3 vid, via that screenshot.

And the point is that you shouldn't have posted it full stop. There's also the matter of the difference between having the temptation to peek at the spoiler right there in front of you, and taking a while to search for something, that you're not even sure of the identity of, on Google.

The thing where it creates a cement thing is called welding...In the techdemo you could create two blobs of stuff on objects with the physgun , then pick up on of the objects and attach it to the other object...Basically it was to show off the physics some more, and how two objects would react if they were stuck together...

Okay cool, so the upgraded manipulator (Are there more than just 2 levels of power maybe? Level 3??) can pick up dead bodies, is blue instead of orange, and might be able to pick up farther and heavier objects.

Sounds cool!

The "physgun" was a early weapon put in the game that allowed 1 or more things to be attached to each other, and then something else, im not sure. They took it out due to the effort it put on computers. If you didnt understand what i said, basicly, if you had the physgun, your computer would have VERY low framerate, or might explode

how do we know its upgraded?, it might have a multiple of funtion's to begin with,

hehe, Valve couldnt be arsed to make a weapon model for the phys gun, so they used the zero point weapon instead , except with a blue glow.

i'd like to be able to pick up the bodies or heavier things, but does anywone else thnk the blue beam looks pretty low quality.

They took it out due to the effort it put on computers. If you didnt understand what i said, basicly, if you had the physgun, your computer would have VERY low framerate, or might explode

I don't think that's the case. I used it plenty of times and it didn't crash once.

i'd like to be able to pick up the bodies or heavier things, but does anywone else thnk the blue beam looks pretty low quality.

lol, the last time we saw the physgun was at E3 2003...

Why would it blow up my computer? I know that if you welded too many things together with it, that the leak would crash. I never got "low framerates" when playing around with it...

Then what gun is this ?

remove the space ;) dunno why it censores it :x

PiEdit - link removed. No linking to material from the stolen build

Grey Fox said:
No no no. the gun looked different, you know on the manipulatorgun where you se orange colord, well this one had there blue and the beam was clearly blue, but like someone said it could be an upgrade to the manipulator.

It IS the manipulator, if you look carefully at the gun, it has tape on the dial, like the manipulator.

I read somewhere about a thermalgranade typo thingie as a secondary fire for manipulator, could be it.

jayte said:
I read somewhere about a thermalgranade typo thingie as a secondary fire for manipulator, could be it.
I think you're talking about the Irifle, the gun in the prison video

crushenator 500 said:
That my friend, is a gun you're not supposed to have seen yet...

That's just the gauss

jayte said:
The secondary fire for the manipulator is when you launch the object you're holding away.

FoB_Ed said:
That's just the gauss
Yeah, i know what it is, but valve havent shown any pics of it yet, so it's as a said, something we arent supposed to have seen yet.

I can't change the title of the thread dammit, I wish one of the mods would do it, cause its now a misleading title, some people may get exited for noting.

Samon said:
Yeah they have, its on the buggy
Yeah, but on the buggy's not first person ;)

If they hadn't seen it before, people who haven't played the stolen build, OR Seen pics or videos from it, would get pretty pissed off after seeing that...

I know i would...

Oh, and Grey Fox, don't worry about it :)

welding sounds fun as hell. i dont care if the physgun isnt in the actual game, i trust valve to put in what they feel is right. however, i hope that somoeone will easily be able to put it in as a mod by taking it from the stolen build, or if valve allows access to it through a cheat.

Yes, welding was great fun. I spent half an hour trying to weld a combine body to a water melon to a table....quite a challenge.

I wouldnt mind if they didnt add the physgun. They said it themselfs it wasnt part of the game just made for the techdemo. If there is no place for it why push it in?

Back