Public Transportation Rates in your City

RepiV the housing market is apparently going to be slowing down over the next year or so. Now isn't the best time to invest in property from what I've heard.

Is it feasible for you to move right out of london with this job you have? Even if you only keep at the job for say a year or two it's that much more profit if you're living well outside london where your expenses will be far less.

As for public transport: expensive. Buying 3 term bus passes in Glasgow for a student added up to near 300 quid a couple of years ago. That's just term, not all year -.-

ya, money is the main motivator ;) ...and i like the project I'm working on, so that helps

That always helps. I take it your career was borne out of a hobby?

not much of a chance of stepping on a ied in an office ..plus wages are extremely crappy

Yeah, the wages are a problem, but danger just isn't a big deal to me. I thrive on new and extreme experiences...maybe I was just born in totally the wrong era. An adventurer in the age of regulation and routine.
I do sometimes wonder if I had fulfilled my lifelong dream of becoming a fighter pilot, it wouldn't have been as great as I imagine.

..and pretty much every job becomes the same after awhile... most people change jobs so as to grow stagnant ..besides you're far too young to be complaining about work ..come back in 10 years :)

I'm hoping the work becomes more interesting as you go on. All the career aptitude thingies I've ever been put through have said that the task I'm most suited to is managing others, and also that I'm fiercely independent to the point of being unemployable in a lot of companies. It might explain why I've found working such a frustrating experience so far.

rent may only cover a portion of the mortgage ..also the main motivation of selling a rental property is to purchase another ..or if land value goes down because of the neighbourhood ..after all it's paying for your mortgage ..at least partially

So it has to be about the sale value of the property itself rather than just as a vehicle for renting?

I wont lie ..I'd much rather work for a company that pays top dollar than going it alone ..it's tough to manage every aspect of your business, not to mention finding clients, negotiating contracts, meeting with clients etc ..working for someone eliminates most of that and you can be focused on the work itself

I've looked into it before and the sheer amount of admin that goes along with running a business seems overwhelming. Finding clients, negotiating contracts and meeting with clients is what I do for a living though, so no bones about that. :D
Well...now I only do a small part of that. But hey.
I guess what I'm doing now should be the best compromise. Self-employed but as a contractor. My "boss" reckons I should trade as a company for tax purposes, but I don't really understand all that shit yet.

Mississauga,Ontario
Cash Fare $2.50
Weekly Pass (Must show current school I.D.) $21.50
Monthly Pass(Must show current school I.D.) $90.00
Hamilton,Ontario
FREE =).

RepiV the housing market is apparently going to be slowing down over the next year or so. Now isn't the best time to invest in property from what I've heard.

If nothing else, it's a good excuse for apathy. :D

Is it feasible for you to move right out of london with this job you have? Even if you only keep at the job for say a year or two it's that much more profit if you're living well outside london where your expenses will be far less.

Yeah, I can do it from literally anywhere. The only limiting factors are timezone differences and visas. I've been thinking of going to live in Exeter where my two best friends are currently living, but I don't know yet. I think I should be near the family at the moment.

As for public transport: expensive. Buying 3 term bus passes in Glasgow for a student added up to near 300 quid a couple of years ago. That's just term, not all year -.-

Rip-off Britain up to its usual tricks...

Luckily I'm renting close enough to the uni and city centre not to need a bus anymore.

Glasgow rent prices aren't bad compared to London either. Nice big place with double bedrooms sets me and my flatmates back 820/month between us.
My sister's in london though and the prices there are insane. Lucky for her our parents decided to move to a smaller house now all of us have left and they've got her started on the ladder.
Actually she needs a tenant once the place is decorate... :p

Luckily I'm renting close enough to the uni and city centre not to need a bus anymore.

Yeah, I too can take a leisurely stroll from Belfast to Glasgow in 45 minutes. :E

Glasgow rent prices aren't bad compared to London either. Nice big place with double bedrooms sets me and my flatmates back 820/month between us.

Not bad at all.

My sister's in london though and the prices there are insane. Lucky for her our parents decided to move to a smaller house now all of us have left and they've got her started on the ladder.
Actually she needs a tenant once the place is decorate... :p

Hehe.
Yeah, I mean I still live with the parents, waaaay out in the 'burbs (nice 'burbs, too), in a nice big place which we fortunately get free due to multiple disabilities within the family.
But I soon realised what London living is all about for most people my age when I went to my friend's place in Finsbury Park. He loves the area, but I just thought the whole place was a complete ****ing dump, and he was in this small, grim flat above a takeaway, which he shared with a psychopathic loon.
I'll pass on that, tbh. A better life can be had elsewhere.

Buses in Brighton are ?1.80 -ish for a single, ?3.20 all day, ?50 monthly. That's (a quickly approximated) $3.60 single, $6.40 all day and $100 Monthly.

The service is ridiculously inclusive in British terms, especially for students who use one or two routes in their entire time living in the damned place. Makes you feel like you're missing out on a great chunk of value when you're not going to arsend ofnowheresville, 20 miles away.

edit: Because after all, you only need to take the bus to Brunswick Square between the 14th and 16th of February. All 3 of you who live in my vague area.
Christ, have they really driven the price up that much while I'm away?

You can get a bus pass, which will give you half off, for 20 quid. Or is that more expensive now too?

I can get all forms of public transport for AU$0.50 for 3 hours a pop. Thanks to the whole, WA unistudent thing.

Hooray for Labour! :D

Back