Pulse Rifle secondary fire...

D

Drachlen

Well, I was just playing deathmatch on overwatch, and someone had shot the secondary fire of a pulse rifle at me while i was attempting to pick an object up...

Here's a picture I took of it (alone in a more controlled environment)
prcatch.jpg

I shot it and got kills with it, thought that was pretty cool.
Had anyone ever noticed you could do this? I now see a possible escape from those damn things. :D

Yeah, it's a fairly well known tactic, but it is hard to do since it travels so fast. That said, I wonder if the same applies to RPG rockets... doubt it.

Axyon said:
Yeah, it's a fairly well known tactic, but it is hard to do since it travels so fast. That said, I wonder if the same applies to RPG rockets... doubt it.
It's quite easy, if it's fired at you. And also it does work with rpg rockets iirc but it's really ****ing hard :p

hahah ya my friend told me about that a while ago.. it's a cool trick though :p

I find that if you have the pulse rifle, with secondary ammo, you should fire it at the wall and catch it yourself. That way, you don't get a delay when you fire it, it just shoots it right away, like the manipulator normally does.

Also, if you keep shooting it at a wall (basicaly releasing it, and catching it again) it will never go away!

If you hold it too long it explodes..

I don't know about catching rockets, but I do know that you can make it explode in mid-air if you shoot it! (Suprised me! lol I thought I was done for so I shot in desperation and BAM!! Then I experimented more and turns out you can save yourself by shooting it..)

Either people don't play the SP or simply don't think. It's pretty damn obvious you can catch those buggers if you're good enough.

Saw one come around a corner in Lockdown once, grabbed it as it killed a teamate and shot it back around. Killed 3 guys.

I personally find it easy to do. All you have to do is be quick with the gravity gun switch.

:O I thought only the Blue Manipulator was capable of doing so, not the orange one. Ahhh well.

Heh, I don't blame you there ailevation. Seeing as you only do it when you have the blue on in SP.. Well, that's the only time you HAVE to do it..

Knew about this one, but cool info on the RPGs. I wonder if you can catch them...

it'd be cool if you could do it with the SMG grenade too

Jenga said:
it'd be cool if you could do it with the SMG grenade too

Maybe its possible... nades are very small tho.. has anybody experimented with this?

Back