Purchasing HL2 Aftermath

lister

Reaction score
Hi, when valve release the Aftermath expansion pack, they say only available via Steam, so do we know how big this pack will be, also..how do u go about buyin online if u dont have a credit card?

For those who don't have credit cards, tough luck. (which is kinda crappy, I don't have one either)

Get a Debit card that can act as a credit card; that's what I do. Instead of being credit it just takes the money straight out of your account like a check. Handy little SOB.

well thats just fuking bullshit. Plus how long is it guna take 2 fking dload the expansion if its like 1gig or more? fuking hell dont they think about less fortunate people.

I'm sure it will be sold retail otherwise it would be stupid.

It's convenient for people with credit cards and good lines... and shows the standard Valve thing of being greatly centered around fortunate US citizens.

OTOH, in Europe, the game will be released on pirated CDs within a week after its release. But then again, I can download Aftermath in a day...

I wonder how much it's gonna cost ... as much as I know Valve, it will $50 US with $10 in taxes and some more "shipping through Internet" fees. $80 for an expansion!!!

They say it will be on Steam only so i would think no retail. I downloaded Hl2 with no problem on Steam. I have cable though, if your on dial-up it might be bad news lol.

I dont think it will be 80.00 dollars lol hl2 wasnt but 50.00 so the enpansion will either be free or a small fee according to their on reports.

to bad they don't support paypall or something. I also don't have a CC.

Although i understand why they do it, it sucks for us non-CC's :(

Well if your parents have one or use a debit card if you have a checking account

You can get a debit card from your bank if you have a checking account free no credit check all the money comes out of your checking acc.

I have a feeling these "episodes" are going to be really low cost because of the use of Steam as the distribution system.

If it is distributed by steam maybe they will split it up into smaller files/packs, and send the Packs as that level or section of the game is finalise. Then you just pay to unlock the packs.

Back