Pushback on multiplayer objects

FaultySanity

Reaction score
I am making a map in Counter-Strike:Source, and it wont let me make a prop_physics, but it will let me make a prop_physics_multiplayer. The problem i have with this is when you walk into it, it pushes you back. I was wondering if there is a way to disable this.

Thanks in advance! :D

prop_physics should work fine, what's the problem? Try using a prop_physics_override.

prop_physics isn't allowed in CSS, it doesn't use the same physics as HL2 and HL2DM uses. CSS uses bounding boxes around all physics objects, they do this to cut on on the lag. So there is no way of getting rid of the push back on physics objects, hopefully it will get fixed in the future.

yeah I hate the physics in CS...
why can it work in DM but not in CS ?

it does work in css for me you probobly dont have a prop that works with it

Phlek said:
prop_physics isn't allowed in CSS, it doesn't use the same physics as HL2 and HL2DM uses. CSS uses bounding boxes around all physics objects, they do this to cut on on the lag. So there is no way of getting rid of the push back on physics objects, hopefully it will get fixed in the future.

Errr nonsense, I've got a few prop_physics in my map, and no, they don't repel you. That's prop_physics_multiplayer

PvtRyan said:
Errr nonsense, I've got a few prop_physics in my map, and no, they don't repel you. That's prop_physics_multiplayer

And this still works when your in an online game playing with others?

EDIT: Yes, Ryan you are correct.....yet in CSS it kills the server. It is the mappers choice to have the object have a bounding box or use normal VPhysics. But in most of the official CSS maps, all the the objects use bounding boxes to cut down on the lag. I'm sorry for my incorrect information.

The reason for the bounce is to prevent hit detection bugs, i don;t like it but it is a good idea

Back