Putting in contacts?

Zeus

Tank
Reaction score
ok so I've been trying for like 3 years now and still can't put contacts in my eyes. My eyes are like really really sensitive and immediately close anytime I get close with the lens. Also it doesn't help that I have really long eye lashes which are a major problem blocking the lens. I've tried about a million times and I just tried a few mins ago to no avail which really pissed me off. is there anyone else who had this problem and maybe has solved it thanks because I'm really getting sick of looking nerdy with these glasses

And yes I have been to the eye doctors and have tried getting assistance and even they started giving up on me. Im too embarassed to go back at this point

Some people can't do it. Like me. I tried to do it for a year and eventually I just said **** it. Im just wearing glasses until I can afford laser eye surgery.

God I cant wait. It will be soooo awesome to just be able to wake up and see the clock without having to reach for my glasses. Plus I look a lot sexay-er without me glasses.

I find glasses attractive. Obviously not in your cases, but my girlfriend has a very nice pair of...

...glasses, they suit her nicely. Contacts make you look very different and can be nice sometimes, but glasses are nice too. Stick with them, if they are a nice pair of course.

I have glasses for distance but I hardly wear them. Just when driving, watching a movie in a theater and while in a lecture class. A lot of times they just get in the way and often I won't even bring them. Never tried to wear contacts, I might the next time I need to get a new pair of glasses.

You're supposed to use index and middle finger of one hand to hold down your eyelashes and lids OPEN and then just put the contact to your eye. If your eye can even close you're doing it wrong, because it'll try to no matter what (instinct/reflex) but your other hand is supposed to be HOLDING them open. No matter what you say your eyelid is not stronger than your arm and if its able to close its because you're letting go.

What Rakurai said.

If it's been a problem for so long, you might want to invest in glasses. Some people actually look better for them. While I prefer lenses, I've met quite a few people who've said they prefer me with glasses. Makes me look more intellectual and, for some people, that heightens the sex appeal. :O

Yeah, I would love to have eyesight problems simply for the fact that I look DAMN good in glasses.

The only way I've ever been able to get my contacts in is by using both the index and middle fingers of my left hand, at the same time, with the contact between them, while using my right index and middle fingers to pull the bottom lid open. The top eyelid will try to close but by pressing the contact with two fingers I can keep it on my eye until it "sticks"

I have no idea why I don't need glasses. Everyone in my family needed them when they were very young, I do a lot of look-close-and-strain work, yet I still have nearly perfect vision. As far as wearing glasses, some people look really good in them, as long as they get a pair that fits them.

I had a lot of trouble in the beginning but it's not that hard.

I can't offer any real advice other than contacts do have a right side and a wrong side to them, make sure you're putting them in the right way or it's harder to put them in, and they fall out easier.

When I put mine in I just pull down my eye lid with my left middle finger and put it on my eye, wait for the "compression" feeling and then blink.

I want to get contacts... how much did they cost?

What you must be doing wrong is trying to set the contact in directly on your pupils, which probably WILL cause blinking for anybody.

You have to look up, hold your lower eyelid down with one finger, and place the contact in on the white part of your eye (under the pupil). You can poke the whites of your eyes just fine, right? Its the same concept with contacts.

Glasses aren't too bad. Unless you're one of the "I wear sunglasses indoors and at night lol" people. That's just stupid.

Rakurai pretty much covered what's there to know. There really isn't any more to it other than practice, it took me ~an hour the first time I tried them and I got pretty embarassed. Now I can put them on / off no sweat, it helps that my eyes have gotten used to it.

I find it helpful to keep your fingers and hands dry while you attempt to put them on, that way while you're holding onto your eyelids, it won't slip and you can put them on.

What you must be doing wrong is trying to set the contact in directly on your pupils, which probably WILL cause blinking for anybody.

You have to look up, hold your lower eyelid down with one finger, and place the contact in on the white part of your eye (under the pupil). You can poke the whites of your eyes just fine, right? Its the same concept with contacts.
This is the best way to do it when you start off. As you get more confident with poking things in your eye, you can do it looking straight on.

The best tip I can give, like everyone else, is to hold your eyelids apart no matter what. Fight the flinching, put it in then blink quickly like mad to make sure it's fixed to your iris, otherwise it might pop out again.

The way I do it... hold the top eyelid up with one hand, and the bottom with the other, and the contact on that hand too. Just put it straight in, move your eye around a bit while still holding eyelids open and contact in place. Works for me but maybe not for you. Plus my eyes are used to it now.

(By hand I mean fingers but to differentiate between which hand the fingers are on)

eh, two things:
1: Use one hand to pull the upper and lower eyelids apart
2: DO NOT LOOK AT THE LENS as you put it in. Look to the left or right, or look up...but don't LOOK at it while you put it in. That makes it neigh impossible.

Back