PyroMania Team Fortress 2 Update Announced - Day 1

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Pyro hinted at something being revealed on Monday, and boy did she deliver.

The PyroMania update promises Meet the Pyro 'within three days', with the official timer reading at around 50 hours from the time of this post. The blog also notes three days worth of updates to be revealed once per day up until the release on Wednesday. Today's reveal is a gamemode and map called "Doomsday", which is focused around the two teams fighting over which team gets the honor of launching Poopy Joe, the space monkeynaut, into space.

Stay tuned to ValveTime and the Team Fortress blog for more updates in the days to follow.

EDIT: Valve have added a picture of a banana to the bottom of the PyroMania update page which leads to files. These files show transcripts and images of the court case intended to discuss the where-abouts of Poopy Joe. These files were previously found on Friday during the TF2 Summer ARG.

Attachments

• blog_pyromania.jpg
    blog_pyromania.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,916
**** yes. That mode sounds awesome, and it's going to be satisfying to see Valve close out the Meet The series.

Well there goes my theory of Poopy Joe being the Pyro. :(

Yay! Finally, a reason to rewatch all the 'Meet the...' videos!

We all need to set the world on fire.... :p

Cant wait to see what is in store.

Poopy joe?

Id like to thank valve for helping me pick a new nickname to piss off my brother.

Details on the new game type are rather unclear.

That only left the issue of what to call the update. Luckily, at the very moment we were thinking about it, someone turned on the radio. Guess what song was on? That's right: 'Safety Dance'.

"That's a pretty catchy song," we said. "Who sings that?" Well, we don't want to upset you, so we won't type it here, but suffice it to say the band that wrote 'Safety Dance' has the most unthinkably offensive name we've ever heard.
I laughed hard at a hat joke. I'm ashamed.

I don't really understand what the game mode is. Is is a version of payload where both teams push the same cart? Like a reverse tug-of-war?

The achievements seem to indicate that something is carried ala intel.

Maybe both teams push the same cart and once it arrives, which ever team holds the intel/remote thingy wins the game. So when your team is holding the remote, you wanna be pushing the cart, but when the other team has the remote, you wanna be delaying the cart... something odd like that?

It almost sounds as in your carrying the monkey to the rocket. so for example if a person would pick it up they must make it to the rocket, but one they are killed they drop it and that allows anyone to take it and the first person (or team ) that gets it to the rocket wins.

Not sure about it, but like I said, that's my thought on this.

Back